Pogos not helping with environmental studies and adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife gave Pogo a bath while I cleaned and adjusted his tank a bit. I didn't like how cluttered it seemed on one side as he had his basking tree and his log hide on the hot side of his viv. I made some other small adjustments and waited to let the temps rise to where they need to be. The cool sides staying right about 79.3-80 but there's still a small amount of evaporation going on so I'll check it out again in a bit. The hot side was up to 106.3 when I left the room. Hes still young so I'm aiming for 110. I come back and the temps down to 95.4! Turns out he knew where to go to dry off and warm up after his bath -.- lol
Side note: I geuss I forgot to tell my wife there's a decent chance he may poo during bath time XD
Side side note: For the first time ever he actually gulped some of his bathwater before he used it as a toilet which makes me extremely happy as I'm always worried hes not getting enough fluids:)
106123-8230401682.jpg
Pogo laying on the thermometer probe
106123-9948861808.jpg
His new layout

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pogos set up looks nice -- are you using a tube UVB for him?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok great --- if you get tired of cleaning up the carpet you can look for some textured non adhesive shelf liner from your home improvement store --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50 -- and insects cant get underneath
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I always am also oddly satisfied when they drink in the bath lol. None of my guys do that right now.

-Brandon

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I found that mine will drink water on her own accord if I first put a couple drops on her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom