Pogo update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I picked up Pogo a little less than two weeks ago. He seemed in very good health and acclimated quickly. I read many sites and have had reptiles in the past, so I figured I had a good grasp on tank setup. Needless to say I was wrong. Although his tank was set up properly, and he had a good hot to cold gradient, my lighting was very sub par(which I would have never guessed as I did not cut corners. I made the mistake of buying uvb cfl's ? As his/her energy and appetite depleted I began to worry so I started doing research. Up to this point he was eating every other day and the most crickets he ever at was 10-15, throughout the day, not at once. Well I now have a bunch of lights I wont be using as he now has a 48" t5 reptisun 10.0 sitting across the top of his tank as of last night! Idk if it was just my feeling of doing a good deed, but it seemed within an hour he was happier! Today I got home from work and my wife said she just got done feeding him 20 crickets! After a few hours to digest I took him out and as soon as I got close to his tank I noticed he was soooooo much more energetic! He immediately stood up(which he never did. If fact prior to this light my wife had stated that "hes just a lump on a log who wont even get up to eat" in a bit of disappointment) and immediately started looking around zipping his head from left to right to see what's going on. He just spent half an hour or so out with me and spent the entire time running around exploring and trying to catch my cat who was sleeping on the table.. man hes a quick little bugger. I think it's safe to say this sight has made a drastic difference in Pogos health and well being! Thanks for such an amazing resource!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is great news I'm glad the lighting upgrade seems to have made a difference.
They sure can worry us sometimes huh? :)

Thanks for coming back and updating us on Pogo. Would love to see some pics of him :)

-Brandon

Mwcrf450r

Original Poster
claudiusx":2u2vqo7g said:
That is great news I'm glad the lighting upgrade seems to have made a difference.
They sure can worry us sometimes huh? :)

Thanks for coming back and updating us on Pogo. Would love to see some pics of him :)

-Brandon
Well hes been eating very well and is starting to get a bit of a belly! ?? here's a "I'm trying to nap stop taking pics of my gut" pic ?
106123-3534136545.jpg

Mwcrf450r

Original Poster
Got some tile in Pogos tank! Made him a nice salad with some wiggly wax worms to coax him to eat out of a bowl! Up till now he would only eat from feeding tongs
106123-8480410184.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear about Pogo's amazing new energy. Looks like he's even showing out now, eating up that salad. :) What type of uvb light did you have before the t5 ?

Mwcrf450r

Original Poster
AHBD":25ageua9 said:
That's good to hear about Pogo's amazing new energy. Looks like he's even showing out now, eating up that salad. :) What type of uvb light did you have before the t5 ?
Hes even happier now too as I just finished up his new tank! I'm about to go update my build post in diy! But I originally bought a couple exo terra reptile desert uvb CFL. Hes eating soooo well now and is getting such a belly lol hes our goofy little silver dollar lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom