Guacamole, the Great and Powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a little lax in my record keeping since moving, and since I just got started up again, I figured I would start posting my dear Guac's info here. Today he is 455g and 49cm! Just a little under 19 inches... If he hadn't lost the tip of his tail to a bad shed, Guac would be a full inch longer than I thought he was.

I'd like him to put on a little more weight, but other than that, Guac's looking good! Little dehydrated in these two particular pictures, but about to get a bath. :)

96999-302883350.jpg

96999-5613878258.jpg

The story of Guacamole Kangarilla:

Guac is a 3 year old normal morph male bearded dragon purchased from a chain pet store. Obviously not an ideal origin story for the little turd bird, but such is life. I wanted a BD and my mom had driven me to the store to get supplies for my impending pet (I was in college and was paying for this all myself, but did not yet have a vehicle). While there, we made the mistake of looking at the BDs the chain had and falling in love. Specifically, my mom fell in love - and being that I was a poor college student, I agreed to get /that/ particular BD if she bought it. Can't complain - love my Guac to death - AND the extra $30 I saved went towards ordering the first batch of feeder insects and greens. :)

His name is because I originally wanted a white morph to name Sour Cream. Why? No idea, just what my plan was. Anyway, since the scale-baby I ended up with was hardly the Sour Cream I'd imagined, Guacemole was a fine fit. He was kinda bumby, like an avocado. Plus, since avocado is poisonous to Bearded Dragons, we joke that he has a "biker" name - like Arsenic. Kangarilla is a city in South Australia that we thought took the 10/10 name to 11/10.

For the first few months I had him, Guac was kept in a 20 gallon long, before moving to a weirdly sized tank I got for free at work. It was large enough to house him comfortable enough for the first year of his life, especially considering that he spent a considerable amount of time free-roaming while I worked on my school work, but too small for permanent housing. The summer after I got him, me and my father built him a custom enclosure together, 4 by 2 by 2 foot. That enclosure died in July, when I dropped it down a flight of stairs like a dumbo. He is now in a 40-gallon breeder until I can rebuild.

Guacemole seems to be a fairly healthy BD over all, with an immense love of blueberries. He is a picky little ****, though, and is often on what I consider the lighter side of a healthy weight. If he gained a few grams I'd be a happier lady. His two flaws are both in his tail - he has a pronounced kink about halfway down it and is missing the very tip due to a bad shed in early 2019.

Guaces hobbies include cuddling my boyfriend, running, stopping, looking dramatic, running some more, and climbing. He also recently developed a habit of biting me when I give him fresh salad, so I guess that's a hobby too, but one I try discourage. He enjoys warm baths and pretending he's a parrot on my shoulder as well.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ABOUT TIME!

Geeze you've been here long enough, do you not even know us at this point?!

Haha, glad to see Guac has a thread now! And I love the sour cream story, I'm glad you added that lol. Still hoping you get yourself a hypo zero though... :mrgreen:

So which one of Guacs hobbies makes him the great and powerful? :lol:

It's funny because in picture, he really doesn't look 455. 455 is a pretty decent weight. He just has such a slim body like Moro does.

-Brandon

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL! I didn't know it was so important, Brandon.

Yeah, eventually I will probably get a couple more BDs of fancier morphs. Might even dabble in breeding, since I'm pretty determined to breed my ball python at least once to see if he really is het. clown. It's going to be quite a while though, since I think me or my SO will need to have at least started grad school, and if we both go to grad school at the same time then we're going to be basically broke for whatever time span that happens for.

As for what hobbies make him great and powerful? Well, biting me is definitely up there :roll: as is jumping and acting like a parrot...

Yeah, he always gives the initial impression of being such a poor little skinny thing, don't he? His fat pads are pretty well filled out, though - I kinda think he just has a big head. He also looks much better when he's in "Little Man Go Crazy" mode, where as here I had just woken him up from sleeping on the BF.

On that note, I seem to remember you having a thread for all your non-BD animals as well. Where did you have that? I'd like to start something similar... Normally my record keeping is fairly decent on my own, but I think it'll be more consistent with the knowledge that people can look and see if I'm ever not updating things, LOL.

Thanks!
-Ellen

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
claudiusx":1aiwbrh0 said:
ABOUT TIME!

Geeze you've been here long enough, do you not even know us at this point?!

Haha, glad to see Guac has a thread now! And I love the sour cream story, I'm glad you added that lol. Still hoping you get yourself a hypo zero though... :mrgreen:

So which one of Guacs hobbies makes him the great and powerful? :lol:

It's funny because in picture, he really doesn't look 455. 455 is a pretty decent weight. He just has such a slim body like Moro does.

-Brandon
Yeah i agree that he does not look 455 but I can tell he is not underweight because the fat pads are not deflated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom