Dang things can change. Before and after pics.

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Dang things can change. Before and after pics.

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:39 pm

I cannot believe Just how much a Beardie can grow in a little over a year.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
This was the day I got my wee lad Rocket, basking on his log. At a small 39 grams and 8" long.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Then this was Today, a little over a year and a half later, chilling on his same log. The lad is less small at a nice 280 grams (last I weighed) and 20" long. It's insane just how much he's grown.

I'd love to see other's before and after photos!
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dang things can change. Before and after pics.

Postby McBeck » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Love it. Must be doing something right!
McBeck
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:14 pm

I Guess so! :)
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby MariosDad » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Wow! I showed my daughter, who "knows" what's going to happen in the upcoming year with Mario, and even she was impressed!
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 NEW puppy (Ember), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Yup. The things that will most likely happen for you within the next year will be:

•Mario will get nice and big with the proper care and steal the hearts of everyone in your 8-bit family.
And;
•There's a HIGH chance you will soon get a Luigi now that you have been infected with the love of beardies. It's like potato chips, Ultimately you can't have just one. :lol:
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby MariosDad » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:45 am

HippieLizards wrote:•Mario will get nice and big with the proper care and steal the hearts of everyone in your 8-bit family.

Lol! That is most definitely the goal!
HippieLizards wrote:•There's a HIGH chance you will soon get a Luigi now that you have been infected with the love of beardies. It's like potato chips, Ultimately you can't have just one. :lol:

As for this, I hope not! :shock: We don't have the room for two 4x2x2 enclosures :( But after following along with everyone's adventures on this site, I can certainly see that happening!
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 NEW puppy (Ember), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:15 am

[Click image to enlarge]

I just made this 1 year update pic. 6 months old, about 12 inches long, 186 grams. To 18 months, 16.5 inches, 386 grams.

Keeping a log peice of dragon furniture should be mandatory for growth updates
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am

MariosDad wrote:
HippieLizards wrote:•Mario will get nice and big with the proper care and steal the hearts of everyone in your 8-bit family.

Lol! That is most definitely the goal!
HippieLizards wrote:•There's a HIGH chance you will soon get a Luigi now that you have been infected with the love of beardies. It's like potato chips, Ultimately you can't have just one. :lol:

As for this, I hope not! :shock: We don't have the room for two 4x2x2 enclosures :( But after following along with everyone's adventures on this site, I can certainly see that happening!

:lol: :lol: Just you wait and see, Eventually your daughter will come up to you telling you about some beardie ad that she's found and loves and sooner or later you'll be making room for yet another 4x2x2 tank. :lol:
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 am

DorgEndo wrote:[Click image to enlarge]

I just made this 1 year update pic. 6 months old, about 12 inches long, 186 grams. To 18 months, 16.5 inches, 386 grams.

Keeping a log peice of dragon furniture should be mandatory for growth updates
Nice! And I definitely agree, Logs are great for really discovering how much they have grown. :)
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Aww, these are bittersweet. I always miss them as babies, and seeing those old pics always makes me miss their small phase lol.

I have a similar picture of Tombo, but on a rock. I agree, keeping the same furniture piece is fun for things like this :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:16 pm

claudiusx wrote:Aww, these are bittersweet. I always miss them as babies, and seeing those old pics always makes me miss their small phase lol.

I have a similar picture of Tombo, but on a rock. I agree, keeping the same furniture piece is fun for things like this :)

-Brandon
Yep, I saw some tiny dragons in the store yesterday and it really made me miss when Rocket was that small. The baby stages are so fun :love5:
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby MSMorgan » Wed May 27, 2020 6:42 pm

All,
Fantastic shots of all your before and after beardies. Yes, they change A LOT in just a year. Here's a before and after of Lannan. First shot is @ 6 weeks, 7" and ? grams in the bathroom sink 2nd shot is tonight @ 11mo., 21" and 420 grams. Geesh! :lol: It's hard to believe this is the same BD from August of last year. I'd try to take a pic of him in the bathroom sink, but...I don't think he's gonna fit.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales