Saphira and Aurora :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner and I got two baby girls, we think are about a year old. The store we bought then from cohabited them, so we aren't sure if they're sisters or just put together but the bigger one (Saphira) is very overprotective of the smaller one (Aurora)!
They've been with us for a few days; Saphira's issues were much more prominent in the beginning but as she is settling in and trusting us more, she's letting us closer to Aurora, who is going through a full body shed and is super duper grumpy?

A few pics of them being lovely with each other ??

105937-6328383125.jpg
Aurora posing for the camera!

105937-4900956000.jpg
Playing hide and seek

105937-2051788378.jpg
Saphira the day we got her showing off some pretty colours :)

105937-9948551068.jpg
Aurora giving another pose!

105937-6803391720.jpg
Aurora hanging off the lamp cage.. and yes, according to my partner (I was at work), she did fall off and quickly look around to make sure no one saw!?

105937-8448353018.jpg
They love a cuddle together ❤

105937-6526922695.jpg
They sit in the weirdest of places ? following this picture, Saphira on the bottom there jumped off the log with Aurora still on her back ?

105937-9100955198.jpg
And just when my partner scared the life out of me by telling me that he could only see one of my little ladies in the vivarium, we realised that they were cuddled up together under the log :)

We are dreading separating them, but we know it's for the best. All of this affection has a high chance of turning to aggression and, of course, we don't want that happening :(

They've got their own Instagram page (because I'm super sad and nerdy) mainly so I can easily timeline how they're getting on and look back on it all! Feel free to follow or post your own beardie Instagram (if you have one)! https://instagram.com/pretty.little.beardies?igshid=9sglrlgt220f

- Izzy, Saphira and Aurora xx

IzzyLou24

Original Poster
So we've made a load of progress with the girls in the past few days!
With relocation stress having worn off, we finally managed to handle Saphira! Worked our way up from stroking her back, to her head and then stroked her beard. Let her relax again as I cleaned the viv and got her out after that :)

105937-8807605179.jpg
Here she is just relaxing on my knee :)
She is so energetic and adventurous, it's lovely to see :)

105937-3213175242.jpg
Aurora also decided that she wanted to black beard us for the whole day ? we think she was showing off; she wasn't grumpy and even let us stroke it but it was black for ages ??

And finally, the girlies had what we think is their first bath! We bathed them together because they look to each other for comfort, and we are glad we did! Saphira LOVED having a swim about but Aurora desperately tried to get out the whole time and ended up cuddling Saphira :(

105937-4714948502.jpg
Bath time :)

105937-5751906806.jpg
Saphira enjoying her lovely warm bath :)

105937-4881065907.jpg
Anxious Aurora after a cuddle off her big sister :(

We also found out these girls aren't from the same clutch which makes their connection very unusual!
The new vivarium has arrived and has been built, just waiting on the connection for the UV light to get it all up and running, then Aurora will be moved in :) cue two grumpy beardies...

Thanks!
Izzy, Aurora and Saphira xx

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to see they're settling in well =). If Aurora doesn't seem to like baths I'd let her off the hook for now unless she gets dirty. The new enclosure should be a nice upgrade. I hope she enjoys it =)

IzzyLou24

Original Poster
CooperDragon":23j6wtau said:
I'm glad to see they're settling in well =). If Aurora doesn't seem to like baths I'd let her off the hook for now unless she gets dirty. The new enclosure should be a nice upgrade. I hope she enjoys it =)

Thank you :) Yeah it's not a huge thing with the bath, we were just interested on how they would find it?

IzzyLou24

Original Poster
So, Saphira and Aurora both feel sheep while we had them it tonight!

Aurora fell asleep in between the pillows...
105937-5943427114.jpg

And Saphira fell asleep on my arm?
105937-633460521.jpg
105937-3351608413.jpg

She keeps doing that adorable little wriggle to get comfortable and it makes my heart melt? I've officially had my first wriggle experience!!

However I'm not allowed to move now so getting some food might be difficult?

Thanks!!
Izzy, Saphira and Aurora xx

IzzyLou24

Original Poster
Well, my girls have had a busy few days!

We've moved Aurora into a new vivarium on top of her sister, and there's been talk of Aurora actually being an Artura as she's displaying predominantly male behaviours. They're also months younger than we thought at about 6 or 7 months!

Been having lots of snuggles with their mama though ?

105937-788511839.jpg
Saphira on my shoulder, Aurora on my arm ?

105937-7207340854.jpg
Saphira point blank refused to let go of me so I just put on my hoodie and let her stay there while I tidied the room?

105937-1922820579.jpg
Saphira fancied coming to help me fix up their salads ? in reality I reckon she was eyeing up those curtains to climb up, but she's way smart enough to realise she can't jump that far ?
Saphira loves being up high and watching all around so the higher she is the better - for her anyway!

105937-6328536332.jpg
Aurora was pretty happy relaxing on my arm. I love wearing this jumper because they can grip onto it so easily and it's super thick so protects me from their claws!!

105937-2336677178.jpg
Aurora having a cuddle with her mama ?? QT?

105937-6506233131.jpg
And her new vivarium :) Aurora is on the top, Saphira on the bottom ??

All in all they're super happy. Saphira is shedding on her head and beard, so she's a bit grumpy but she's more than happy for me to take her out now.

Thanks!
Izzy, Saphira and Aurora xx

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Love all the pics!

I remember your other thread about Aurora possibly being a male. Were you able to get pics up of the tail bent back so we could see?

-Brandon

IzzyLou24

Original Poster
claudiusx":2t25oahw said:
Hi there,

Love all the pics!

I remember your other thread about Aurora possibly being a male. Were you able to get pics up of the tail bent back so we could see?

-Brandon

Hiya!
Yep :) Just got home from work and done my Beardie care for the day, got a couple good ones I think?
Will post on the other thread
Izzy x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom