TV preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a story, and a question for you all!

My beardie Cheeto Puff is in a new place in my new apartment. He'a in the main room now, and he really enjoys watching TV! His basking spot is set up in a way (unintentionally, but I'm leaving it) that he can bask and watch, which he has started doing a lot.

A few days ago, my friends and I decided to watch Castlevania. I was a little concerned the aggressive noises would be scary, but he watched with us just fine!

However, the next morning, my roommate was playing Breath of the Wild, and he was really upset, showing his beard and flattening until I moved over and got his attention. We thought it was the level maybe - there were bird people flying around, and seeing out windows terrifies him because of birds. But no, she's played several times since the soft pastels and music is just soupsetting - but screaming, sharp cuts, and growling isn't.

Has anyone else seen preferences from their beardie of what they like? I think Cheeto likes watching red colored things on TV - Castlevania is red, and he watched when I played video games that have very reddish color schemes and went away when I switched to locations that aren't.

Bonus picture: he sat like this for well over an hour just watching the TV. Lol
0sgWkkgr.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All my skinks ( eastern bluetongues, eastern water skinks ) and bearded dragons have always been in the family area and had TV to watch , and yes they do like it , and spend hours watching it when we turn on the TV.

Even the wild water skinks who sometimes come inside and take up residence seem to like watching TV.

My gang have fav shows and favorate types of movies , and seem to be able to tell the ads from he show.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
kingofnobbys":33qx715h said:
My gang have fav shows and favorate types of movies , and seem to be able to tell the ads from he show.
Do they review/vote on them? :roll:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MrSpectrum":hx6ixwh1 said:
kingofnobbys":hx6ixwh1 said:
Do they review/vote on them? :roll:

No. But neither do their pet humans. Our TV is not a "smart" TV.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
My two both like American football, and at least one of them appears to know when the game is really boring, like last year's Super Bowl. This was him at halftime :)

100140-5041550240.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Are you sure that's not from too much munchies? :lol:

(I've known more than a few hoomans who look like that by halftime!) :mrgreen:

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
MrSpectrum":13ggmswt said:
Are you sure that's not from too much munchies? :lol:

(I've known more than a few hoomans who look like that by halftime!) :mrgreen:

Hahaha, no, that was boredom for sure. He's been on a short leash since I had to post bail for him after his last all-night dubia bender. :lol:

Peach

Hatchling Member
Bleu loves to watch baseball with me. He's also a Norah Jones fan. It's interesting you mention Castevania being red. We were at the vet today and she commented that they like the color red.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Interesting. Did she happen to mention why they like red? If I were to guess, it would be something to do with bugs, movement, or the ability to discern green.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've found Jackie Chan movies , Lord Of The Rings movies and Doctor Who is always a hit with the skinks and dragons.

They also seem to like my wife's fav soap ( Home & Away ) , they respond like they do when we come into room and speak ( familiar voices to them ).
Nature docs are also a hit , and my grandson's current fav Ningargo (sp ?) and before that it was Cars and Land Before Time ….

Even the skinks and dragons get bored when he's playing his game console and takes over the TV for hours ( they go off and snooze after the first hour or so ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MrSpectrum":3rgnco4j said:
Interesting. Did she happen to mention why they like red? If I were to guess, it would be something to do with bugs, movement, or the ability to discern green.

Many colours are a lot brighter under UVA.

So they stand out to pollinators like insects , and birds ( and reptiles ) when they are edible (and a chance of their seeds being dispersed elsewhere when the bird / reptile poos ).

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn can watch TV or a window as her main views. On TV she seems to watch more of the animated shows I would watch, Castlevania is definitely a show I have watched. I like anime music videos on YouTube and she more often than other things looks at those when they are on. I'm guessing the colors in animation being more separate than standard video of things makes it stand out or interesting to her.

Neat seeing other people have some Beardie tv preferences

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
[OT}
Out of the 5 dogs I've had, one would watch TV if there were other dogs or wolves on it.
Another would watch anything, but he'd also sneek off to the zoo by himself sometimes, and sit & watch the elephants for hours... The zookeepers would tell me about it later; they couldn't believe it either--he'd draw a crowd. There was never any trouble, so they'd let him watch. (I'm talking 50 yrs ago).

The rest of the dogs have had no interest in TV whatsoever, regardless of what was on--even the smartest one. (Maybe he's the most discerning as well... :lol: )
[/OT}

So it doesn't surprise me that BDs may have different viewing habits/preferences.
It's all just from a beardie POV.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
My dragons all seem to take an interest in watching X files with me on my shoulder, And Loki will stare like this at me when im drawing and watching Sherlock or my other shows. :lol: View media item 60451

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom