Phoenix and the fish tank...

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Phoenix and the fish tank...

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:53 am

Recently, I made a community guppy tank with guppies and a (docile) Betta fish. The tank is in my closet where I keep my geckos and other Betta, however this tank is right next to Phoenix's tank. Ever since I got the fish tank she will sit at the end of her tank and watch the fish.... here's some photos of the events of little Phoenix interacting with it.

[Click image to enlarge]

Phoenix avidly watches the tank In curiosity, What could this be? She wonders.
[Click image to enlarge]

I let Phoenix get a bit closer. She watches all the moving fish in awe.
[Click image to enlarge]

My Betta fish, Hades, comes closer to inspect Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't know what to think of the colorful fish.
[Click image to enlarge]

she decides she want to try and get closer to him, by surfing along the glass.
[Click image to enlarge]

Hades decides to hide behind the heater. Might as well be warm AND safe.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Phoenix continues surfing the glasss like a lunatic and trying to eat these colorful things guarded by this odd invisible force field.
[Click image to enlarge]
Phoenix finally calms down and continues watching the fish.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Hades decides to come out from hiding and display his beautiful fins for a bit. (Seriously I'm in love with his colors and fins).

And then Phoenix returns back to her tank.

(No beardies or fish were harmed in the making of this.)
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, two Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Phoenix and the fish tank...

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Beardie interactive TV!! Phoenix and Hades are both gorgeous :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Lol! Yeah pretty much. :)

And thank you! I adore their colors and patterns too. :D
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, two Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby claudiusx » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:08 pm

HA that's great! I love when beardies get that curious head tilt. Too funny.

Although I have a thing against guppies now lol. When I first got my fish tank, the shop recommended a few guppies to help make sure the tank was fully cycled before I got the fish I actually wanted. Guppies were not on that list.

It was a decent sized tank so I brought home like 6 guppies. Well, they started breeding and before you knew it I had too many guppies, and could barely fit the fish I wanted in my tank. And the Guppies just wouldn't stop lol. But, I didn't want to kill them and the fish store basically said they wouldn't actually keep them if I gave them my guppies. So I was forced into keeping a guppy tank and never got the fish I wanted... LOL.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby Gormagon » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Now that's just adorable!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:06 pm

claudiusx wrote:HA that's great! I love when beardies get that curious head tilt. Too funny.

Although I have a thing against guppies now lol. When I first got my fish tank, the shop recommended a few guppies to help make sure the tank was fully cycled before I got the fish I actually wanted. Guppies were not on that list.

It was a decent sized tank so I brought home like 6 guppies. Well, they started breeding and before you knew it I had too many guppies, and could barely fit the fish I wanted in my tank. And the Guppies just wouldn't stop lol. But, I didn't want to kill them and the fish store basically said they wouldn't actually keep them if I gave them my guppies. So I was forced into keeping a guppy tank and never got the fish I wanted... LOL.

-Brandon

Yeah I love the head tilt too, It's so adorable.

Lol wow, thankfully I haven't encountered any breeding or fry yet, seeing as I've only had these fish for a day.

Except for one guppy, who was of the original 5 I purchased from the store who did not get ich and fungus a few days after (petco said the tank I bought them from had started showing signs of ich later the day I bought those fish). That one guppy was the only one of two I bought from petsmart. The other one unfortunately also got sick but pulled through... only to be eaten by the water pump a few days later. (BIIG rookie mistake of putting that in, its removed now however. :( )

so 7 of them I've had for one day, and one I've had for about 2-3 weeks. I made some newbie mistakes which I regret, but I'm doing more research and have high hopes for this crew. :)

But in the events that my guppies do in fact start becoming the rabbits of the sea, Which I already suspect 3 of the females I bought to already be pregnant. I have a tall 20-30 gallon bowfront aquarium I have in the garage that I could use in case I start getting overrun with guppies. Hopefully I won't need to do that because I'd really love to maybe try doing a betta sorority or keeping some angelfish in there. Who knows lol. It's part of the fun of fish keeping. :D
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby beckys19 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Check to see if there is an aquarium club near where you live, they usually have an auction or 2 a year where you can unload your unwanted stock. And pick up some you are looking for, and even some cool ones you weren't, lol.... for future reference, zebra dianos are nice ones to cycle a tank. They're not colorful but relatively hearty and don't breed le crazy.
beckys19
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales