Charmander's Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've had our boy just over a month now.

I haven't been very active, more of a lurker in that month. I still wanted to update any interested parties on how he's doing! He is a big eater, but so picky... He prefers dubia almost exclusively, crickets still make him skittish. He refuses his salads and fruits daily, but I continue trying. He did eat a couple blueberries last week. BSFL were not a favorite at all as much as I'd hoped.

He is full of personality and gets super moody if he doesn't get time with us each day. He knows his name and "food" and "hungry". He will come up to the glass when he knows it's meal time or he wants out.

He's also an absolute unit. He's grown so much and is now about 13.5" at 3 months old. He has constantly been in shed, at least some portion of his body. Right now it's legs again.

Photos for comparison.

Last month:
104651-4880077629.jpg

This month: (ignore the dirty cage and poor lighting, this was right before cleaning)
104651-9471552809.jpg

LMG07

Original Poster
I need to take him outside when he's less grumpy so I can show his coloration a little better, it's difficult in his terrarium. He's so moody when his shed gets close to peeling. I also got him a separate tank for feeding because petco is having their dollar per gallon sale... He hates it.

Here are a couple more before and afters for his growth this past month.

104651-9787906678.jpg
104651-7006057892.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Charmander is looking great! I know the struggle with the terrarium lighting. With some colors, outside light is the only good way to really show it off!

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
claudiusx":38hivv73 said:
Charmander is looking great! I know the struggle with the terrarium lighting. With some colors, outside light is the only good way to really show it off!

-Brandon

It really is. Not to mention he's duller at the moment. Even the parts not in shed, his color dulls when he's grumpy.

I'm hoping his mood will pick up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I thought I loved charmander before, I love him even more now knowing hes closely tied to my two girls! Haha

Tombo looks 10x better in natural sunlight imo. The two new girls just dont even get done justice on camera. And Moro, well shes a hypo wits she looks the same no matter what lol!

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
Moro is so cute, I already liked her!

But I know what you mean, as soon as I saw your new girls I had a feeling they were closely tied to Charmander. I'm stupid excited to see them grow. Especially since they're big eaters like he is. Char is just growing so much faster than I expected and putting all the growth charts I've read to shame. I'm curious if your girls follow his pattern.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup I am excited too! I'll have to try to keep better track of these twos growth than I did with my others. But like you say, they are tanks lol! Kevin has something going on there! Lol

FWIW even he said he was impressed at their size for them being only 2ish months old.

Char does not look like a 3 month old. He looks like a 5-7 month old lol!

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
claudiusx":30f7sh59 said:
Yup I am excited too! I'll have to try to keep better track of these twos growth than I did with my others. But like you say, they are tanks lol! Kevin has something going on there! Lol

FWIW even he said he was impressed at their size for them being only 2ish months old.

Char does not look like a 3 month old. He looks like a 5-7 month old lol!

-Brandon

He was 11 inches the last time Kevin measured him before we got him. His birthdate is 4/28. So he's 3 months and a week now. He's over 13 inches for sure, but I've misplaced my measuring tape and can't get it exact. I think just under 14,but he might be 14.

A little part of me wonders if since Kevin bred German giants back in the day, maybe his lines are just on the large side of average because of those genetics being in play...

Not that I think it's that closely related to be significant, but maybe showing a tiny bit.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Time will tell. Daichu still dabbles with GG and I got Moro from her.

I think some form of the gg gene is still present in small amounts in some breeding lines but I dont think weve seen a true german giant for over a decade if not two at this point. But I do love large dragons, who doesnt! Would be sweet if these bloodlines grow large! We will just have to wait and see! Its exciting to think about never the less.

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
So.

Woke up this morning and our basking light went out during the night.

Took Charmander out... His attitude immediately perked up. He was such a little show off at the pet store and his colors were brighter.

LMG07

Original Poster
I am so glad his first trip to the park was a success... Other than having a bowel movement and getting really upset about it, but that's to be expected. He's a dramatic dragon.

104651-1120228670.jpg

LMG07

Original Poster
Went on an adventure today to pick his human up from school... We probably got a few looks in that car line.

104651-8660136596.jpg

But they were both happy to see each other for the drive home.

104651-8745555589.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom