Smart Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is a one year old female we've named Princess or Duke or Little Girl depending. This is our first beardie and my wife and I were not sure what to expect. There is very little, and often conflicting , data out there. First beardie, first lizard, ignorant owners.

She was about 4 months old when we got her and nearly a year later she's alive and well. She's been to the vet and despite having come from a supposedly reliable breeder, she had worms. Not any more. But since she's been wormed, her personality changed. Before she was shy and passive, now she's outgoing and likes to run around the house. Take your beardie to a vet!

A month ago my wife and I noticed that Princess would run over to her viv and try to climb up the side of the bookshelf next to the viv. We wondered if Princess wanted to get back into her viv, so we built a vine covered ladder that leads up to the viv door. It took less than a month to teach Princess to climb the ladder and go into her viv and she'll do it whether I give her a worm as a reward or not.

That's pretty high caliber thinking.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You wait til she figures out how to open kitchen under-bench cabinet doors, and the pantry doors, or that doors that are not completely shut can be opened either by pushing the door open with nose (bulldozer style) or by pulling the door open with the hands.

A lot more goes on between their ears than most keepers let alone laypeople give them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom