DINOSAUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of background:
My dragon, Jabba, is roughly 1 1/2 to 2 years old. My nephew is about to be 2 years old in August.

Nephew:
Cam is super smart and full of lots of words and will take you by the hand and tell you in short sentences what he wants. He knows some of his toys that we keep at my house are in my office in a big bin, so he will take me by the hand and start leading me to the office to get something to play with. Usually it will be something along these lines :"Choo-choo, Aunt Manda. Choo-choo!"

Jabba:
My office is also Jabba's room because it is the warmest room with the most natural sunlight coming in the windows in the whole house, and because I spend most of my time at home in my office since my desk, computer, etc is in there too. It seemed like it was the best place to put Jabba.

Now for the story: :lol:
Cam had not really noticed Jabba's tank in the corner, YET. He'd go in for a toy, run back out. That was until a couple months ago. He got interested in some dinosaurs from a book that was read to him and some cartoons on tv. He will put his arms up at his side like a t-rex and will say "Dinosaur! Rawr!" so I got him a few dinosaur toy figures to play with. One day he ran screaming from my office and grabs my mom around the legs. When asked what was wrong, he pointed at my office and kept saying "DINOSAUR! DINOSAUR!"
I come home and mom told me what happened, and asked what it could be about. I started laughing when I realized what was going on. So I pick up Cam, take him to my office and he screeches the moment he got sight of Jabba's tank, pointing and yelling "Dinosaur!" again.
He associated my dragon as being a dinosaur. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It took me petting Jabba in the tank and explaining that he was a 'good boy', feeding him and letting him watch him eat, and getting him out so Cam could touch him and see what he was before he'd calm down. That was a couple months ago now and every time Cam thinks about it while he's at my house, he grabs my hands and tells me "See Dinosaur! See! Me see!" or "Bite-bites for Dinosaur!" so we have to go visit 'Dinosaur' and feed him so my nephew can watch.

Jabba, aka Dinosaur.

20190208-204901.jpg

AjMac

Original Poster
Aw, thanks! My nephew is such a blast. Closest thing I'll ever have to another child of my own and he's such a hoot. He just loves to come see Aunt 'Manda and feed 'Dinosaur'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom