Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Foxxy76":2jidk9lf said:
Mayor Devlyn is a gorgeous mayor! Love her little hammock! Glad she moved in with you!
Thank you Foxxy! As things get more decorated I will put together a little how-to for the stuff that works. She uses her orange red bed/hammock but hasn't quite figured out the green hammock yet.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-3478651126.jpg
Devlyn did a good job eating today! 20 dubia roaches and 5 wax worms. I know it's a lot of worms but we're still getting her on the weight gain path. She wasn't eating much after moving, she maintained her weight. She's finally starting to gain weight gram by gram. The worms excite her appetite! I'm going to order BSFL since they move and look like wax worms. I think she'll be a fan of them. The only trouble is this brutal cold Minnesota weather. Boo cold weather.
103228-7975625340.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
190 grams as of 2/25/19. 13 inches long. Getting close to 7 months old. Devlyn weighed 186 grams on 2/09/19. We went to the Herp vet on 2/21/19, still 186 grams the vet scale verified, and after that visit she picked up her appetite. She hated the car ride but was all bright colors and white belly showing off at the vet! I'm also bribing her with wax worms which is helping.

After work today she has me picking up the vet report so we know her CBC, chemistry panel, and fecal sample results. She passed her physical exam A+. Edit to add the results. Initially she was a 5/5 from the physical exam, now she got downgraded to 3/5 by the vet. I'll get her back up there.

103228-2544062194.jpg
103228-8693024725.jpg
103228-6892889733.jpg

Except for the parasites things look good as far as I can tell. Devlyn is still lethargic but I found ways to work around her poor eating habits. I'll take pics next time to share how I've been helping her eat more.

I gave her her first dose of Panacur tonight (2/26). It wasn't too difficult, slight loss out of corner of mouth but mostly good. Next time I think drawing up a very slight amount of water will help push all the medicine out of the tube into her mouth.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
2nd day of medicine a success. Drawing up 0.05cc water and then 0.1cc medicine worked very well. I drew up the water first. I was confident in getting more of the medicine into her this time. Still a slight loss of fluid, like an eight of a lentil - something like that. Good thing I have 20/13 vision.
103228-8631420177.jpg
Here is a picture of her eating before getting her medicine today. So much toe shedding all over her floor right now :oops:

Since she is a lethargic eater I found it easiest to put her partially in the food bowl, especially one foot inside and one foot on the rim. I'll add in little pieces of various greens and vegetables as she eats. She eats more greens this way rather than a separate plate of green stuff.

Devlyn crawled around on the dining room table after her medicine. Now she is basking to help digest her medicine. My husband and I aren't handling her much, she got pets and a wax worm after the medicine. We want to keep things positive!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Last dose of medicine for 10 days just finished! The final 3 doses had no loss of fluid from corner of her mouth. She was in a hiding mood today, but she is eating at least twice a day with insects and getting some leafy greens in.

She also got silk worms yesterday and today. They didn't move much, which made her suspicious that they were a vegetable, however once she tried them she liked them. Good job Devlyn.

There is a big exotic pet store in the Twin Cities, I'm in the suburbs, it's a reasonable drive to go to as needed. I'm not sure about getting silk worms all the time. The next few weeks I'll go on Friday to get her 10 worms for the F, Sa, Su days as treats and extra nutritional variety while she goes through this medicine treatment. It was $1 per worm approximately. Which is a good price?

The vet recommended a bath every day for a week but we didn't do that. The vet it was to help hydrate but that's not really how it works, she doesn't try drinking water. She did get a bath to help her shedding toes and she paddled back and forth a little for some exercise. Pampered in a towel to dry afterwards
103228-9418904143.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you mean Twin Cities Reptiles in St. Paul? That's a good shop. I bought my tank there years ago. $1 per worm is a lot but about what it goes for retail. There isn't much choice for now until the temps warm up again and shipping becomes an option.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
In 2 days Devlyn will have been with me for a month! The past two weeks, ever since her vet visit, she has really been shining.

She is eating more and getting bigger. 206 grams today! I hadn't checked in a few days so she could get a break after her first medicine dose. I even helped her "hunt". After eating 5 crickets and 10 dubia in her food dish I removed the dish. Gave her 2 small wax works to walk towards - I figured they do move a little but can't get away. Then one by one I gave her 6 good sized dubia, after that she stopped trying to eat. I still had to guide the dubia to her and keep them from getting away, but she did it. She had to lurch and take steps.

She moves around her tank to various spots and positions to bask all day long, but she was so lethargic and apathetic to food. It was nice to see her get excited for food. Except those leafy greens, she turned them down today.
103228-5594750005.jpg
103228-6923187752.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
We thank you CooperDragon. She starts the 2nd round of Panacur on the 13th.

Today Devlyn pooped in a bath. Today is a good day.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Today I sent a little update to Devlyn's first home. Some pics and a video. The lady who had Devlyn is going through a lot and I know she rehomed most of her pets. As far as I know she only kept her dogs. She had rehomed several cats, hamsters, and then one bearded dragon. She probably doesn't get an update from anyone else she rehomed the animals too, so I try to be a good person and inform her how Devlyn has improved and doing well
103228-7223399584.jpg
103228-3532800800.jpg
Something that may seem small is Devlyn standing, just standing after eating. I knew she was lethargic but seeing the difference now it is striking. A few weeks ago she would never just stand looking about her enclosure deciding where to go next. She would have put her belly and head on the ground to conserve energy as much as possible. Mid April we'll re-test the poo for pinworms. See what the changes are.
103228-6845636111.jpg
Devlyn ate BSFL for the 1st time today! She had 30 large sized worms from Fluker farms. Yeah she liked them a lot. Good job Devlyn. Eat and grow to be a beautiful strong dragon ?

I also want to thank everyone who has commented for Devlyn. Thank you. I may not always reply but you have my appreciation.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Adding another entry because Devlyn is 212 grams as of this morning. I also wanted to try showing the 3 ring binder I keep of my pets and plants. This is something inspired by the veterinarian for my cat Greysie. They keep paper files of their animal patients, so I wanted to keep my own file at home. I printed the care sheets and articles from this website and a few others that had good content I liked. Of course Devlyn has her own section. It's great to keep notes, like her increasing weight! Appetite up and growth is happening. She looks thicker all over and has a little shed going on. Grow big and beautiful ?
103228-7476120060.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom