Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Hornworm through the hole https://imgur.com/gallery/YnUD9Yt

Devlyn has gotten some wonderful hornworm treats. One worm a day, just like last time she woke up from brumation. Something tasty and spring-like. She has had 4 dubia roaches since waking. She started eating for salad with some vigor.

I also saw Devlyn spooked something awful yesterday! I have no idea what scared her.

Came home over lunch break because Devlyn was glass surfing. She was obviously excited and wanted to run around. I let her out then went to make tea. Had my back to her when I heard the most frantic running sounds. It wasn't a normal I'm a running dragon sounds. If that makes sense, it didn't sound right. Then had to crawl on the floor looking for her only to see she had ran underneath her enclosure along the wall. Full black beard like I've never seen before, arms and legs tucked underneath her as if she was scared of being torn limb from limb so she had to hide her limbs.

I don't know what spooked her! My cat was napping on a chair, first thing I checked once I knew Devlyn was safe because I know it's always a possibility, but the cat who was not even in the same room. There is a window. Maybe she saw something? My husband was also napping so he was down. No TV or radio on. It was as quiet as can be. I was standing stirring tea which she sees and hears all the time. I wish I could ask her what happened. Been looking her over to see if any injury happened, no signs of injury. I'll never know.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn has her annual vet check up today. She is going in with my spouse. It's too bad I can't be with her. I couldn't be with her anyway because of the drop off / pick up nature of the vet.

I am strangely excited to get new blood work ups done for her. It will be her 3rd blood tests and the 1st time I truly haven't been concerned about anything.

Also have Nationwide Pet insurance so that will be exciting to report on!
:blob5:
103228-1474162252.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn on her way to the vet with my spouse. We do have a lid it was just off so she could enjoy the view.
103228-4031937262.jpg

On the way back with me! I was able to pick her up over my lunch break

103228-6991450316.jpg

I tried to take a pretty Devlyn picture and she purposefully darkened her lady lipstick. How rude!

103228-5546289049.jpg

Submitted first claim to Nationwide for her $235.30 bill. Physical exam and Chemistries. Won't have the chemistry results until next week. I'm so excited! The vet was very happy with her physical exam.

The vet wrote a lovely note:

Devlyn is healthy on her examination today. She has increased in weight to 412 grams from her previous visit at which time she weighed 370 grams in Feb 2020. She is at a good weight today, keep up the great work with her diet and husbandry!

We will call with lab results next week once they become available.

Thank you for allowing us to care for Devlyn, she is a sweet girl!

Dr. Langer

My husband got more over the phone when dropping her off. Apparently Devlyn was a bit fiesty but calmed down after a short time with the vet. Too bad I missed her being sassy with the vet.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-7005015020.jpg

Everything in from testing. Calcium was high. I have been using calcium without D3 since her last test. I definitely won't get any new Ca+D3 containers. I will be decreasing calcium supplement to twice a week. Up to three times. I was giving her calcium on some of her meals and she got hornworms after waking. Maybe she is hoarding calcium for eggs? But then I would think her blood calcium would decrease. A little concerning. Overall the vet thought she looked great with her body, ears, eyes, muscles, scales.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-3502131561.jpg
103228-6055826768.jpg
103228-7779901316.jpg

Fun climbing the house plants and "basking" in the real sun. Since I know her calcium is good she can indulge in the real sun for awhile

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn has been CLIMBING on the plants. My phone decided to make that all caps. It knows the story.

So Devlyn is climbing over plants which I am happy for. They are for her and me. She decided to try climbing a cactus and dumped the cactus all over herself. It's a little cactus and both plants and Devlyn appear okay. I have 1 cactus. Of course she decided to try climbing it

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Oops. On 2/09/21 was Devlyn's gotcha anniversary day

Sorry I was late Devlyn. Happy two years in your forever home
103228-3264213521.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Alright. I've been trying to keep a light log of Devlyn's food. Things she eats. When she refuses to eat. I am making this post to collect all my note for February 2021.

I'm also doing a poop chart! Trying to catch all her poops on record. I started after she woke from brumation so I can get an entire wake cycle of poops for her food.

I am coming back here to edit this. Can't find my first week of notes. And oh my, it looks so messy writing it down. I need a better system!

FEBRUARY
2/06/21: Ate 1 quarter sized male dubia no dust. Refused greens of collard greens, kale, & parsley.
2/07/21: Ate nothing. Refused kale, radicchio, & parsley.
2/08/21: Ate 1 literal bite from greens dish. Mostly refused kale & parsley.
2/09/21: Ate 1 literal bite from greens dish plus 2 quarter sized male dubia in Bene-bac. Mostly refused kale.
2/10/21: Ate half from her greens dish of collard greens, kale, radicchio, and parsley with flower topper.
2/11/21: Ate 1 literal bite of asparagus. Refused collard greens, asparagus, kale, radicchio, & parsley.
2/12/21: Ate 1 stalk of asparagus. Refused greens of collard greens, kale, radicchio, & parsley.
2/13/21: Ate 1 quarter sized male dubia with Bene-bac powder, 1 blueberry, and half of an asparagus stalk. Refused half an asparagus stalk, kale, and collard greens.
2/14/21: Ate 1 blueberry with vitamin powder. Refused her greens of kale, radicchio, and parsley with multivitamin powder.
2/15/21: Ate 1 blueberry with calcium powder. Refused her green of collard greens and kale with calcium powder.
2/16/21: Ate 1 literal bite of asparagus. Refused her green of blueberry, kale, radicchio, asparagus, and parsley.
2/17/21: Ate several small bites of banana. Refused greens of asparagus, kale, and collard greens with flower topper.
2/18/21: Ate 7 one centimeter sized baby dubia with calcium powder. Refused the remaining 5 baby dubia in powder.
2/19/21: Ate all the parsley on top of her green plus almost all the kale. Refused a small portion of her kale.
2/20/21: Ate nothing. Refused greens dish of kale, radicchio, parsley, and blueberry with flower topper.
2/21/21: Ate 1 blueberry, parsley, and 1 dollar coin sized banana pancake. Refused radicchio and 2 additional dollar coin sized banana pancakes.
2/22/21: Ate 1 blueberry, 1 dollar coin sized banana pancake, and parsley. Refused greens of kale and radicchio.
2/23/21: Ate radicchio and 1 bite of banana pancake. Refused most of dollar coin sized banana pancake.
2/24/21: Ate 3 quarter sized male dubia roaches and 1 blueberry in multivitamin powder. Refused greens dish of kale and radicchio in multivitamin powder.
2/25/21: Ate half her greens of radicchio and kale with flower topper and Bene-bac. Refused half her greens dish.
2/26/21: Ate a full dish of plain arugula.
2/27/21: Ate carpet fuzz even though we tried to stop her. She also began trying to eat dead leaves that fell from our umbrella tree. She had been refusing her salad of radicchio and arugula. Made new salad of just arugula, she had a few bites. She ate 2 quarter sized dubia roaches. Refused to eat 2 quarter sized dubia roaches and most of her greens of radiccio and arugula.
2/28/21: Ate 1 quarter sized male dubia with calcium powder. Refused greens dish of arugula.

MARCH
3/01/21: Ate all her arugula dish plain.
3/02/21: Ate nothing. Refused all food and spent the day in her hide.
3/03/21: Ate all her arugula dish plain.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Ok so TODAY of all days Devlyn decided to be a good girl and eat her salad. Radicchio, Arugula, Tuscan Kale, and Parsley with multivitamin powder, Bene-bac, and flower topper.

I was letting the apocalypse get me down in February with less variety. Dang apocalypse....
103228-6385816429.jpg
Barely any left in her dish which was full early

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Soon Devlyn and I are going to have more instagram followers than my sister. Which will be the first time I've ever outgamed her at anything. Oh yeah. Devlyn wins!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
No patience, hornworm now https://imgur.com/gallery/EfwakRb

Devlyn surprised me with the jump. This is funnier than if I had been able to get a "good shot" feeding her. She gobbled that hornworm and stuck the landing. Strong good girl

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-1701369030.jpg
103228-2867638967.jpg
103228-6187490909.jpg
103228-9590619867.jpg

Ok so it was delayed a bit, but I finally got Devlyn's new enclosure. Some of the trim was damaged. The damaged bit of trim disappeared into another dimension and cannot be found (like seriously, we can't find it, where would wood go?!).

Anyway. Devlyn won't move into her new house right away. I figure I can take the next 1-2 weeks between setting it up and testing the new thermostat to show her the new place and let her get some of her scent on it. Then after 2 weeks it would be nice to move her old house...somewhere. I have no plan for her old house.

The heating will be a 120 watt Vivarium Electronics heat panel. The thermostat is same brand VE-300x2. Arcadia T5 14 % UVB with reflector. I might need to add Arcadia LED lights strip to add more brightness to the enclosure.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Darn Devlyn not pooping much. We're going to the vet on the 19th. She gets a bit lethargic and not herself then acts better once pooping. I'm not sure what I can do for this impaction she's dealing with lately. She has never been a frequent pooper. Routinely having times where she only poops once a week. But it's been a bit more severe lately.

5/03/21 large soft
5/07/21 formed and watery
5/09/21 formed
5/11/21 formed
5/15/21 soft
5/16/21 formed
5/16/21 mini poop
5/26/21 soft
5/30/21 soft
6/06/21 formed, large, bath required to expel
6/17/21 soft?, large, bath required to expel
6/27/21 liquid with chunky urate
7/11/21 large, bath required to expel

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Dang it Devlyn. Last time her calcium was high. Vet advised waiting these 6 months to retest and now the vet says it's lower than normal.

So hard to get it right. Don't have the number yet but they are emailing me the report. I can do more calcium.

I've been getting crickets from the new Snake Discovery store. Their crickets don't make Devlyn sick! I'll load her up on crickets with calcium to help not get too many calories in her.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Oh it's not so bad. Vet sounded so concerned

Vet said:

"Her calcium is 11.9 mg/dL (2.9mmol/L). We have recently switched to an updated reference range for bearded dragon blood and based off of this Calcium should be between 4.3 - 13.5mmoll/L. Her phosphorus is 4.8mg/dL (1.55mmol/L) this is within the normal reference range. Her calcium to phosphorus ratio should ideally be at 2:1, currently it is 1.8:1 so slightly low. I would recommend increasing her calcium supplementation to 2 times each week to see if this helps improve her attitude / appetite." - Dr. Langer

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom