Weighing your beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello beardie community. We've had our Mushu since January 12th. I've done so much research I feel like I could be an expert beardie owner! :lol: J/K.... I feel like she's doing well. She's shed her tail and now the rest of her body is also a grayish color. I'm assuming she's about to shed her body as well. I hope that she's growing well. She doesn't eat as much as some post. She eats about 4 Dubai roaches and maybe 4 crickets a feeding. Plus a bit or two of red cabbage. Which is her favorite! We've done a lot of upgrading for her tank. Her temps are up to par. She tolerates baths and some holding. I'd like to weight her however I'm not sure which scale to purchase. What suggestions to you all have. I'll post some before and after pics from when we brought her compared to today. If you all would let me know your opinions. Does it look like things are all good with her tank?... I still don't know how old she is. I'll need to measure her with a ruler I suppose to get the exact measurement.

Jan 12, 2019
102888-1743942811.jpg

February 4, 2019
102888-9715239214.jpg

Finished Tank
102888-8199174832.jpg

Bath time & 1st Shed Feb 1, 2019
102888-4644414098.jpg
102888-3858945267.jpg

Landlsmom

Original Poster
Awesome! Thank you for the tips. The scale is on order! I'll do that this evening. I'll do some rearranging tonight & move the basking lamp over to the other side where the UVB light is. I'll lower her hammock down a tad also. I checked the heat exposure last night when I got home from work and it measured 107. We are eager to find out if SHE is a she. We've taken a peek under her "skirt" and it's just too hard to tell. As Mushu gets bigger I'm sure we'll be able to see determining bump or bumps. :D

Do you put your beardie directly on the scale? I've seen some use a bowl and then put on the scale.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A small dragon will fit directly on the scale. You can also invert the cover and tare the scale and use that. I've also used a shoebox top the same way. It's just a matter of getting all of the dragon on the scale for accurate measurement.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I have a food measuring scale that I used to calibrate this one, which is much more fun IMO. Just look at how thrilled Otto is lol!

100140-8973576421.jpg

Landlsmom

Original Poster
WOWZA, look how solid Otto is. Yes Otto looks overjoyed :lol: I'm eager to see how much our little Mushu weighs. Should have the scale delivered by tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a pic and weight. Maybe we can get some expert opinions on how old Mushu is. :book:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So cute, they love to be weighed & show off how big they are getting. :D

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mushu still looks pretty small in those photos. I'd guess maybe 2-3 months old. Somewhere in that range.

Landlsmom

Original Poster
Ok Beardie fam here’s Mushu. I placed him in the lid so that he’s completed on the scale. The lid weighs 106.5g and Mushu added totals 133.0g. So Mushu is weighing at 25.6g Here’s a couple Pics. She’s going through a shed so I just gave her a warm bath.

102888-7907775887.jpg
102888-8455623118.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you press the T button below the power button after you put the lid on it will tare the scale so only Mushu's weight will be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom