1year with Biggie Smalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I’m not sorry for the lengthy post. Proud Momma here :p Today is officially 1 year of being a Beardie slave. I have learned so much and I am very proud of my beautiful girl and the dutiful slave that I have become. I have learned so much since day 1. First I learned she was not gonna eat me alive and the fact that she kept jumping to me whenever anyone else wanted to hold her was a good thing and not bad. Then I learned that these things eat bugs! Like real live creepy crawly BUGS :puke: Next I learned that these tiny little scales of cuteness are crazy eating machines. And feeding is not done 1 time a day but 3 times. deep breath and run to the bank for more money to buy more bugs. Next I learned that I have never seen a more disgusting poop in my life! ( and I raised 2 human babies so I have seen lots of disgusting poop) then I learned that roaches are way better than crickets and buying bulk saves lots of $$ so I can just buy more bugs. Buying in bulk means I now learn to feed and care for the food like a good slave. Her Royalness and Master Supreme was very happy with me. Then I discovered after hatching, spending so much time caring for silk worms and growing them. Said master decided after 10 out of 250 silk worms that she no longer likes them and refuses to eat the dang things. :banghead: Another deep breath.

I also learned that she is smart and knows how to get her way and will do so at all cost. Like even though barricades are up and I am satisfied that she can not get behind the couch where do I find her..... behind the couch. Apparently she is a master jumper and climber. And when she wants out of her enclosure slave better get her out or she will just keep banging her face against the glass like a deranged lunatic.

And when she is happy she actually smiles. And not just a little smile but a great big goofy smile.

And today I learned that she will drink from the kitchen faucet. (Have tried many times but she always refused until today)

This is a pic of Miss Biggs (who I was told was a boy... surprise it’s a girl) on the day she picked me at Petsmart she was the biggest of the Smalls....Hence her name and I thought for sure I was gonna get eaten
97320-3398214476.jpg
97320-7332479674.jpg

This is her skinny butt before I found this site and discovered I had the wrong UVB, temps, and lights and was not feeding her what she needed.
97320-9308225531.jpg

This is Her Royalness today. After learning some tips on proper care of my master and many nights of worry
97320-3316603303.jpg

Amazing how she has changed in just 1 year. From never roaming to the expert explorer. From skinny tiny thing to happy curvy Royal Princee (she isn’t fat she is curvy
97320-9534122985.jpg
97320-6446154211.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She is Beautiful, you done good. Love the name!!!!

You have a way with words for sure!!!!!!!!

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you Gormagon. Believe me there was a lot of editing and rewording. Had to keep it a Bearded Dragon friendly channel. My real reaction when I found out I had to have real live bugs was much more dramatic. And then to have to buy all new equipment was more like @##&#$$@ asdfs #’dha LOL but in the end it is worth it

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yup, it,s a challenge to get everything right but, once you're there it's a very rewarding experience. These creatures are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom