Chroma- The Chromatic Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me start off by saying I am a mo-ron when it came to rescuing this little guy?. I mean this guy is tough as nails, because of all the stupid things i have done to "try to help him". I went to all the pet stores looking secretly for an inguana and mainly to get a dog harness for my little chihuahua. I came up empty handed because it was just after all the holidays and becuase my chihuahua is weirdly shaped, i couldnt find a harness that would fit him. I finally went to a petsmart because hey what the hell. Sadly no dog harness and definitely no iguanna, i went around to the snake tank and was watching the little ball python do her thing. I have always wanted a snake but my father a fairly big man, who is a ex-con ?, is deathly afraid of snakes. I mean he will scream high pitch and flail about over a snake. Yet next to the snake tank was a small bearded dragon who was doing a strange version of the side ways shuffle. I broke out laughing and asked if i could hold him. Now this little guy looked as if he was judging me, and ran up my arm to get closer to my face. I thought he was adorable and went ahead and brought him home......without a tank ?, first big mistake. I went back to that petstore with chroma in hand and asked the lady to help me get a tank and light setup for him. She laughed .....a lot..... and helped me set up a nice 10 gallon tank for him. After i set up his tank and put him in there i found this lovely forum. I read as much as i could and asked a lot of questions. To which you all responded so fast with, i had to change everything for this little guy. From his substrate ?all the way up to his lights?. I went in and out of that pet store 8x's??‍♀️? and now they know me by heart. I litterally know nothing about bearded dragons and for some reason i got chroma before doing any research??. When i found out he needed a bigger tank than a 10 gallon, my husband helped me buidl one from the ground up. It is 4x2x1 1/5ft, he has all his lights and his ceramic heater. His substrate is the felt fabric that i had from when he was a baby and he has tons of branches now to walk on. ? Now that everything has settled down i have never been so happier that i got this little guy! He has a majorly big personality ?, he is a diva! My goodness that little boy demands so much from his favorite ball, all the way down to his new bed we got him and his blanket. On my other forum i posted i talk about all he does. He doesnt like cuddles, and demands to run around the house when he wants. Which will never happen unless he is in our room. If you are wondering my parents live with me and my husband and my little brother in my small apartment. Yes its crowded and annoying. It doesnt help when they moved in they brought in their animals, a bird and a mini chihuahua. Anyways chroma loves this stupid tennis ball even though its bigger than him.? If he cant find his tennis ball he will run up and down my legs until i find it for him. The same method goes with his blanket. He usually will puff up all night and not sleep until i get his blanket set up for him. He is extremly spoiled and is constantly throwing fits. He has a love hate relationship with my other dog, a dachshund, and his sister a maine coone. I think he acts a lot like his sister, with his whole diva outlook. Other than that chroma has been the best little thing i brought into my life. He is very photogenic, and is always doing some weird little thing.
full

full

full

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom