I need 13 names ....... Wow ... awesome !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am, 13 cute baby lawsons/Rankin/Pigmy bearded dragons, from my dragons first clutch.
They are already arm waving, glass surfing and more (On Day 2).

The parents have no idea what they have done :)
(Buddy and Sandy)

I put our chances at less than minimal (never done it before, first clutch etc.), of having baby bearded dragons. So much can go wrong. Moisture levels, temp, storage containers, rolling the eggs, fungus, crushed eggs and more. (3 eggs that were laid, were no good and indented immediately).

From working out how to get a Gravid bearded dragon to lay in sand (and not eat it), avoid impactation, keep her hydrated, feed her calcium, retrieve eggs at the right time etc, not easy.
All of this and the babies were born on a 45C day in the midst of a heatwave (Temps in my state almost hit 50C/122F last week).

We must have learnt a lot and done everything right !!! Phew. There are 13 and are about 2.5-3 cm long and very exhausted. Soon to be scampering about !

This journey has been great for my family. my girls wanted pets and I was thinking a cat or dog. They wanted dragons. We randomly selected 2 and they were male.
One died (RIP Bernie) and we replaced with another "male" (Little Mister). Then one of the vivarium temperature control failed so we housed together for a period.
Then the "male" turns out to be female (Little Mister became - Big Momma - became Sandy) and with eggs ..., whoops.

Then she laid and I candled the eggs, they were fertile ... whoops again ... fast forward and we now have 13 new baby dragons (Last one pipped about 12 hours ago).

They are awesome to watch, and very cute.
Some have started eating and in these temps, are loving a batch in their drinking water. They even don't mind being misted !

Now, Sandy ... nicknamed big momma as she gets big with eggs, is Gravid again .... Oh, the cycle starts again

So, the journey continues ....

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
13 names? Wow!

You could go desert themed:
Jasper, dusty, clay, cactus, sienna, dune , tumbleweed, Rocky, sage , sunny, yucca , willow, mirage

Or Aussie themed:
Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Sheila, bindi , Irwin , ozzy, mate , boomerang , crikey

Or ‘first’ themed for first you have bred :
One, Tahi ( Maori for 1) , eins ( German), uno (Italian), Moja (Swahili), adi (The first or foremost, primeval) , alpha , Chaska (The first born son) , eve ( first woman on earth) , Adam (first man on earth) , kadee (Celtic- first) , Leif (person first in the line of ancestry, a heir) , primo (Latin- first) ,

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Zodiacal constellation names maybe :
Capricornus , Aquarius, Pisces , Aries, Taurus , Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, and Sagittarius , and Ophiuchus should be easy to remember.

Photos …. WE DEMAND them …. we all love babies , and new born HenryLawsoni will be cuteness overload !!!

Mickyj

Original Poster
These are photos of my girls first clutch ....
(Includes one showing the third eye)

Three heads better than 1
94800-7325819549.jpg
94800-7405562550.jpg
94800-8813538332.jpg
94800-1354647023.jpg
94800-1225194773.jpg
Just hatched
94800-5317692305.jpg
94800-8837251379.jpg
Third Eye
94800-8143589901.jpg
Sleeping bags
94800-1625783621.jpg
94800-2589503653.jpg
In the spa
94800-2749128076.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've now successfully overdosed on cuteness.

If you were near my place (NSW) I'd take a few of them (1 boy and rest girls) in a heart beat.

I'm just going have to satisfy myself my watching the little family of baby eastern water skinks Gutzy gave birth to recently and trying to get them tame not to hide when we go near them.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Cuteness overload alert!! :love10: :love10: :love10: They all look so Healthy and Happy!! :love5:

For names, Well you could go with a Nerd/Movie theme... (I'm a huge nerd lol). Here's some names:

Mystique, Nebula, Gamorra, Mantis, Storm, Phoenix, Rogue, Loki, Thor, Wolverine, Ryuk, L, Rhett, Link, Cortana, Shawn, Gus, Vera, Jayne, Mal, and River.

I may have exceeded 13, but It gives you more variety and ideas. :mrgreen:

Hope you like my suggestions and hope your rankins dragons Grow up well!! :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How about naming them after the 13 brightest stars in the NIGHT sky.

Sirius
Canopus
(Rigil) Kentaurus
Arcturus
Vega
Capella
Rigel
Procyon
Achernar
Betelgeuse
Hadar
Acrux
Altair

MadredeEli

Wow, the hatching-in-progress photo! :love10: Like someone above said, I would name them after something nerdy - probably Harry Potter-related (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Dean, Seamus, Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Dobby, Crabbe, Goyle xD)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
MadredeEli":28xlcck5 said:
Wow, the hatching-in-progress photo! :love10: Like someone above said, I would name them after something nerdy - probably Harry Potter-related (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Dean, Seamus, Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Dobby, Crabbe, Goyle xD)
Lol! I love those names! I also am a huge potter fan! I'm actually in the middle of re reading the series again lol.

Mickyj

Original Poster
I thought I might grab all the photos of my Lawsons as I have only had herps for about 1.5 years, and make a slide show. Little did I realise, even keeping only the good ones, that is a huge amount of images.

I have learnt a lot about lizards in this time. I might not have it all perfect and am still learning but I thought it might be interesting to see Lizards from babies, to gravid, to parents.
I have also had one death and had some illness to battle.

Here is the YouTube link. https://youtu.be/ey2-F3WyU8I

Here are the milestones
- (O Sec) Intro
- (25 sec) We visit the pet store
- (1:12) We purchase the lizards and the equipment ($$$)
- (1:33) We name the lizards and put them into their new homes
- (6:20) We learn about UV, temp, humidity, greens and calcium (and get our first power bill $$$) (6:10 lizard chases temp sensor lights)
- (6:35) We loose one into the lounge
- (6:43) Bernie passes away due to ADV (RIP)
- (7:17) First shed
- (7:52) Buddy has too much Coccidia and needs treatment
- (8:03) Buddy is by himself
- (20:38) We get a friend for Buddy, another male (lil mister)
- (37:32) Licence obtained to keep 2 lizards
- (37:14) Brumation
- (37:42) Shed again
- (38:11) Lil mister is actually Big momma and Gravid (whoops)
- (40:31) Big Momma lays eggs
- (40:49) Big momma bury's eggs (47:02 using head as jack hammer)
- (47:08) Washing off big momma
- (47:34) Recovery of the eggs
- (47:52) Using the incubator, storing eggs carefully, leave eggs the right way up
- (48:22) Candling
- (49:44) Setup for the new babies
- (49:53) The eggs hatch (100%)
- (58:36) Babies (1:22:00 eating)
- (122:15) Glitch - black screen
- (1:22:34) interesting photos of the babies
- (1:22:52) Err ... family planning .. again
- (1:23:01) Ili mister (now called Sandy) is digging again
- (1:23:23) Sandy is Gravid again
- (1:25:45) Sandy lays clutch 2
- (1:28:51) Sandy burying clutch
- (1:38:56) Recovery of the second clutch
- (1:39:59) incubation
- (1:40:33) candling

and that is where we are now "rinse and repeat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom