Does anyone take their beardie for walks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone take their beardie for walks? I do, jimmia is very friendly to everyone, she allows people to pat and hold her without flaring up, she just so chilled and relaxed, and just usually sits in a little pool of water or walks around the table and listens to the birds :)
98861-4314590530.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not adviseable unless in your safe and enclosed garden or yard. And I think you will find when you check the requirements for being licenced to keep native animals in your state (Qld) stipulate the only place you can take your pet dragon outside "the home" is to the vet. Taking your dragon for "walkies" in public unless you have a public display permit is forbidden.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jimmia is the most friendliest thing ever, he doesn't bite, he very chilled, nothing seems to bother he, he sits on my shoulder or front of my chest - it's just a little bs I think, animals are smart and they understand a lot more than we realise that we know, he is and will be treated like a human (if I go to McDonald's he will get some ice cream to, if I eat cheese and bacon rolls it will get some to), no animal is different because my dog when she was alive she ate everything even chocolate/ cheese/ onion etc and she lived a happy healthy 13 human year life so you see beardie, birds, dogs, cats or whatever - you got to treat them as your own flesh and blood and I will take jimmia where I want when I want because their is no signs that say can't take a reptile anywhere and that's it :) :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":aac5wv55 said:
Jimmia is the most friendliest thing ever, he doesn't bite, he very chilled, nothing seems to bother he, he sits on my shoulder or front of my chest - it's just a little bs I think, animals are smart and they understand a lot more than we realise that we know, he is and will be treated like a human (if I go to McDonald's he will get some ice cream to, if I eat cheese and bacon rolls it will get some to), no animal is different because my dog when she was alive she ate everything even chocolate/ cheese/ onion etc and she lived a happy healthy 13 human year life so you see beardie, birds, dogs, cats or whatever - you got to treat them as your own flesh and blood and I will take jimmia where I want when I want because their is no signs that say can't take a reptile anywhere and that's it :) :)

An entirely different situation here in Australia to that in the USA (where it's totally unregulated and there are NO RULES or restrictions - much to the detriment of the animals kept as pets).

Icecream , cheese and bacon are not adviseable "foods" to give to a bearded dragon.

What happens if Jimma gets a fright and leaps off and runs away (or falls off you) ? …. not everyone likes reptiles and there are dangers out there (cars, cats, dogs, kookaburras, etc). You are not doing him any favours , and as already said, a condition of holding a native animal keeper's licence is keeping it in the home.

I suggest you check https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/wildlife-permits/requirements/moving-wildlife , regulations here are meant to protect the native animal pet and local wild life populations.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it's understandable he might not be allowed at certain places but I just find it unfair that when I do it, I get into trouble but I've seen other people do it but they don't get into trouble but why does everyone have to pick me for it, it kinda makes me want to go nowhere sometimes, and out of the 7 days a week, I see at least 2 to 3 times someone walking through the shops either with a bird on their shoulder (like ringnecks, galas, parrots) or carrying a small snake so what's the difference? (please understand I'm not angry I'm just annoyed at the situation), PLUS Jimmia doesn't run off, she usually either on my shoulder, or my mum shoulder or on my brother, I've tested him a few times putting him on the ground to see what happens and he does nothing, I've even tried walking away leaving him unattended to put rubbish in the bin but nope nothing happens he just watches me and even at home I let him play in the grass under my supervision but won't run off, not one thing seems to bother him :) sorry :(

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":1dw4015s said:
it's understandable he might not be allowed at certain places but I just find it unfair that when I do it, I get into trouble but I've seen other people do it but they don't get into trouble but why does everyone have to pick me for it, it kinda makes me want to go nowhere sometimes, and out of the 7 days a week, I see at least 2 to 3 times someone walking through the shops either with a bird on their shoulder (like ringnecks, galas, parrots) or carrying a small snake so what's the difference? (please understand I'm not angry I'm just annoyed at the situation), PLUS Jimmia doesn't run off, she usually either on my shoulder, or my mum shoulder or on my brother, I've tested him a few times putting him on the ground to see what happens and he does nothing, I've even tried walking away leaving him unattended to put rubbish in the bin but nope nothing happens he just watches me and even at home I let him play in the grass under my supervision but won't run off, not one thing seems to bother him :) sorry :(

I've given you the link to where the rules are spelt out and there are phone numbers there , I didn't make these rules , if you are unhappy about them take it up with the National Parks and QLD Department of Environment and your local State and Federal members , it's up to you to do the right thing and keep Jimma safe .

Keeping a native animal as a pet is NOT A RIGHT , it's an privilege that comes with obligations and restrictions. By applying for your keepers' permit you were agreeing to comply to these.

I think if you said you take your pet dragon for public walks on Australian Herp boards , everyone will tell you same as I have as everyone there is operating under Australian rules .

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I've only taken my dude out twice so I know little. However, he's SUPER FAST so I got him a leash and it's way too big so I have to get another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom