Louie the bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided id make a thread so i can share my beautiful girl.

Mabel came home with me November 13 2018
102094-2234621812.jpg
she was 6 in. the store couldnt tell me her age, but i guessed she was around 2 months or less.
i have only had her about a month, but its been great.
102094-1028074841.jpg
102094-125169200.jpg
102094-8652638453.jpg

she started out in my old 55 gallon aquarium but i decided to get her a Exo Terra 40 gallon with doors that open in the front, i like the design a lot better. its much more convienient. now i just need to find the money to buy her some extras for her cage.
102094-4313758244.jpg

this was about 2 days ago, shes getting big, she is now 11 in and weighs 73 grams.
102094-8606921802.jpg

and this is her right now, December 19 2018, laying on her hammock with her grumpy face because shes shedding lol
102094-4053306836.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Mabel is a beautiful dragon. Be careful with those hammocks, they can get their nails caught in the mesh as they are jumping down and injure their arms or legs. You could cover them with some fleece blanket scraps or any material. Have fun with your new baby.

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
finally got rid of that terrible compact uvb and got her a new 36” reptisun 10.0 T5. hope she likes it ❤️
102094-5953392498.jpg
102094-920042079.jpg

oh and dont mind her shed everywhere lol

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
one of her crazy sleeping postions i found her in this morning
102094-1062361980.jpg

also found out she doesnt like strawberries. seems like she doesnt like anything sweet.
102094-7321474477.jpg

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
starting to get worried about my baby, need some peace of mind. shes about 5 months old or so, she is 14.5 inches long and weighed 200g last time i weighed her about a week ago. she has always been a pretty lazy dragon while shes in her cage, basking on her hammock and sometimes her rock all day until lights out. i decided to paint my room so about a week ago i moved her out to the family room, this changed her sleep schedule because im not able to keep the room dark so shes been waking up and going to sleep a bit earlier, it doesnt seem to bother her because she goes right to sleep once the lights go off. but before i moved her out of the room i noticed that her scheulde was off, she always use to wake up then take a poo once she warmed up, eat her first helping of 30 or more bugs, poo again a couple hours or so later, then eat her second helping of bugs. but lately ive found some days she doesnt even poo and if she does its only once and she only eats 30 bugs, if even that and wont touch her salad. the past 3 days ive noticed that shes going underneath her hammocks where its cooler and shes been cold to the touch when i get her out, so far today she hasnt even looked at her bugs. shes just acting so different. any advice?

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Sounds like brumation. Or at the very least a winter slow down. I know a lot of sources say that beardies under the age of a year shouldn't try and brumate but that isn't true at all. Some juveniles, especially bigger, older ones, will still brumate. If not that, then they'll go into what is called a light brumation where they'll sleep for a while, come out to eat and poop then go back to being lazy. My girl is 8(almost 9) months old and she's going through a full brumation. The only reason I'm not worried about my girl(or at least not panicking, I worry all the time of course; brumation or not) is because she hasn't lost a ton of weight and all previous signs pointed to brumation: I.E. digging motions, loss of appetite, being lazy and sleeping more.

Mabel looks healthy in her pictures and she's a good size and weight. Keep an eye on her for drastic weight loss. If you see that, then it's definitely not brumation. Of course if you're still unsure, it's best to make a vet appointment and get a fecal done to rule out parasites. Most beardie owners get a fecal done before brumation anyway to make sure there are no parasites in them while they're sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom