Louie the bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided id make a thread so i can share my beautiful girl.

Mabel came home with me November 13 2018
102094-2234621812.jpg
she was 6 in. the store couldnt tell me her age, but i guessed she was around 2 months or less.
i have only had her about a month, but its been great.
102094-1028074841.jpg
102094-125169200.jpg
102094-8652638453.jpg

she started out in my old 55 gallon aquarium but i decided to get her a Exo Terra 40 gallon with doors that open in the front, i like the design a lot better. its much more convienient. now i just need to find the money to buy her some extras for her cage.
102094-4313758244.jpg

this was about 2 days ago, shes getting big, she is now 11 in and weighs 73 grams.
102094-8606921802.jpg

and this is her right now, December 19 2018, laying on her hammock with her grumpy face because shes shedding lol
102094-4053306836.jpg

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
he looks like hes lost a bunch of weight lately. hes much more active now too, but i weighed him and he still weighs 650. i should measure him, i wonder if hes longer then 20” now. hes a big man :)

102094-6826073155.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Happy Halloween.

Looks like you decorated his tank for the holiday! I want to see more! :D

-Brandon

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
i didnt take any pictures of his tank i didnt think of it! i have pictures of his costume because i entered him into flukers halloween costume contest
102094-7790067768.jpg
unfortunately we didnt win but whatever!

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
im a little but concerned about louies tail. i noticed a kink, its not visible but you can feel it. the very tip of his tail has always been sorta kinked pointed up and its stuck like that. does this small kink in his tail have to do with calcium? he gets calcium on his bugs once a week, should i be powdering his freeze dried treats too? hes really bad at eating his greens and 2/3 of the time i just throw them out so putting it on that wouldnt really work.
102094-8325865045.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their tails tend to flex like that naturally. I wouldn't worry about it. I usually suggest dusting bugs at every meal though (even if he only gets them once a week). You don't need to dust the veges at all.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I love that halloween pic! It's a great memory at least even though you didn't win!

I agree, their tails can do that. It could be from lack of calcium. But it's not of much consequence really.

I would bump up his dustings though. How often does he get bugs? I usually dust for my adults 3x a week.

-Brandon

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
hes a big boy weighing in at 650, i use to feed dubia three times a week but around 4 months ago i cut down to once a week as many as he wants, like the vet told me to do. which usually comes to about 5 or 6 adults, i was trying to help him lose weight. hasnt really done much, hasnt lost weight but his activity has increased drastically. the other six days a week he gets around 4 freeze dried mealworms (loves them) and then collard greens/mustard greeens/acorn squash/green bean/pepper in his bowl but he doesnt always eat it and if he does its only a couple bites.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon gets about one bug meal a week too (sometimes less, sometimes more). He eats mostly salads (and mostly squash at that). I offer bugs more frequently (a few at a time) when I have some special orders of hornworms, silk worms, or bsfl in stock though.

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
hey guys! louie is going through a shed right now which seems to cover almost his whole body. (tail,tummy, head) and hes turned white like he always does, but i can tell under the skin is pink. plus the shed seems a lot patchier then normal. ive never noticed the pink before, it almost looks like its irritated. he just got out of the bath, you cant really see the pink in the picture but does his shed look okay?
102094-3677959247.jpg
102094-2315464029.jpg
102094-2239895147.jpg
problem spots is the new skin on the tip of the tail is slightly pink, his right side of his face is pink under the white shed and the tip of his nose looks the same.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Hi there! I'm not sure what this could be, good or bad. Wanted to say I can see the pink coming through on the pictures you provided. Subtle but there. Sorry I can't be of any more help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom