Can’t tell me reptiles don’t have feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have surgery on my hip on Nov. 15. I somehow tore the labrum and needed it to be repaired and have some bone shaved off. I wasn’t too happy about the long recovery but now I think I am enjoying myself a little too much. Anyway my spoiled girl has been so much my constant companion. She seems to know that I am not me and cuddles even more than usual. While I was recovering and on the couch she seemed to have been watching me and whenever someone took her out for me she only wanted to be on me. Now that I am moving better I have been taking her out a lot. It seems to me that now when I call her name she smiles and looks up as if to say let’s go 2 legs, open the top and bust me out. The past 2 days she started running around the cage and jumping if I don’t get her out fast enough. She started running around the cage tonight and I told my husband she wanted out. He decided to get her out and she refused. When he closed the top and left the room she started running around again so I got up and opened the cage and she just about jumped into my hands. I got lots of Beardie kisses too.

This is Biggs the day I came home from surgery. It was like she couldn’t squish herself close enough to me
97320-2971494729.jpg

This is a week or so later and she still was like Velcro. I was sitting straight up so not sure how she even found that comfortable
97320-8908623391.jpg

This was her today. I am moving and up better and it seems she is running around more and not so clingy. Caught her trying to open presents early
97320-7461955095.jpg
97320-4671651567.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, I believe that they bond deeply with a person (of their choice) and, can be very loving creatures. They are AWESOME!!!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lots more going on in their heads than most give them credit for , including an appreciation of their special human and wanting their attention.

I get similar behaviours from all my pet skinks and dragons.

When I had to be admitted to hospital for an infection in leg (and was there for 4 weeks) my boy Toothless refused to eat for my wife.
One day when I had her put the phone on speaker , he instantly perked up and was looking everywhere from moment he heard my voice.

Being retired, I spend a LOT of time each day with my lizards and they are great companions and all love snuggles .

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am going to hate going back to work but I think I know someone who is going to hate it more than me. I am hoping when I go back to work she doesn’t stress out too much. I am thinking of leaving the TV on for her during the day might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom