Stubborn mule breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 8 months of wasted salad greens I put him back on bugs. But he would only eat them if they were dropped in front of him one at a time.. SPOILED. But yesterday I decided to just grab a discounted bag of field greens that has escarole, romaine, and carrots in it. I doctored it up taking out the large pieces from the romaine and put a good handful in the bowl.

This morning it was untouched (no surprise there). I turned on his morning lights, he emerged from his cave. I dragged him over to the bowl... and it happened. HE ATE EVERY BITE! It's not much but still. small successes till that dandelion comes in...

Kappyherps

Good to know there is hope! I also have a stubborn mule - an adult 1-2 years old. We got him from a breeder 2 weeks ago and he will only eat dubias and supers (also spoiled, will only eat when they are dropped in front of him). I have thrown out untouched salads every day, and it is making me crazy worrying if he is getting enough nutrients. Very stubborn beardie. I will get a package of mixed greens like you did and hope for the best!!

Any other advice? Did you supplement with anything? We dust the dubias with calcium powder. He also won’t eat the nutrient pellets.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
92959-7367183673.jpg
My guy wouldn't eat so I introduced new foods through baby food. I discovered he likes carrots so I shaved some extra on top. Although too many carrots is not good either. It's PACKED with vitamin A.
But I suggest you try every veggie on the list. He's bound to like one. Mine has a passion for dandelion.. which is currently out of season.
When you get the bags of field greens if there is romaine in it be sure to doctor it. No large hearts. I got a few different bags of stuff from walmart. Kaleslaw, a bundle of turnip greens, and the spring mix. I threw it all in a large bowl and mixed it up. Then put it in a tupperware in the fridge with a paper towel lining the bottom and top. The paper towel is key to keep out excess moisture and keeps the veggies from rotting too fast. Then in the morning I grab a handful and vola beardie buffet.... which usually gets thrown around. He will eat eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom