Journey of the dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavis is my baby girl and to day we are moving yet again. We currently live out of town and are moving into town. My sweet girl slept at a friend's house so I could fit more in my small car.

Here is a picture of her falling asleep at my friend's place.
full

I'll add more pictures today or tomorrow as we move into the apartment

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is gone good so far, but thanks to circumstances and mold :/... I don't get to bring her in until tomorrow. So she had been hiding in her hide the last couple of days pouting about having to move.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Took longer than expected... by about 2 weeks, but finally have both beardies in our new apartment! (My friend as one too.) But finally everyone is set up!

We were both worried about how our girls would react to the move. This is her beardies (Waffles',) first time moving anywhere. While this is my girls' third time moving since I got her. When I temporarily moved her tank to my friends' place. I warned her that my girl likes to put and hide the first couple of weeks after a move.

Even so when she almost didn' come out of her hide at all for several days. My friend got really nervous and scared for Mavis (my girl,) as well as scared Waffles would do the same thing when she moved.

Thankfully, when we got both of them into the apartment they both seemed pleased with their new homes!
93131-3482936854.jpg
This is Mavis a couple hours after moving to our new apartment

93131-3501246525.jpg
Where she decided to sleep that night.

93131-9522855803.jpg
Her yesterday loving her light and begging to be praised

93131-2703939616.jpg
Mavis an hour ago when I got home from work. Apparently having decided she wanted to be too lazy to climb to the top of her basking spot. Must have been some boring day for her, even though she started it off with a couple banana treats.

93131-512101888.jpg
And then one of Waffles, who decides she hide is a good place to relax and can't wait for her new tank upgrade.

All in all, I am glad that after the final move, no one is hiding. That everyone seems to be happy and enjoying the new place and most of all. I regret not getting a picture of either of them eating bits of banana this morning

dezismom

Juvie Member
Both Mavis and Waffles seem to have taken the move well! How cool that you and your roomie both are dragon owners/slaves...Some people react somewhat less than enthusiastic when I show them mu boy DeziLu. I always expect them to be honored to see such a handsome, fine beardie, and am surprised when someone does not show the enthusiasm I expect, ha, ha! I guess it takes a certain personality to love a lizard. I know I did not think that a reptile could have such a sweet, loving personality, until I accidentally rescued my boy. Now, I cannot imagine life, without him!

I hope your girls continue to thrive in their new home.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes! We both love being dragon slaves! What's funny, is I'm actually the one who got this friend into dragons.

We spoil our girls and love it! Even her boyfriend has gotten to where he really likes Dragons, because of Waffles yesterday. He saw my girl sunning herself and posing for the world to admire. Even called her majestic looking, (as he should!)

Waffles is super sweet, but nervous at times. I think my friends' grandparents accidentally got her nervous of open spaces.

Mavis can be sweet, but she is super sassy and loves exploring more than she does being held.

I couldn't imagine life with a beardie to cherish and spoil.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Aww! :) I'm glad the move went well and the beardies are settled into their own home (I'm just curious, but they are in separate tanks right?) :D one of my beadies was originally named Mavis (renamed Daisy). Mavis and Waffles look happy in their new home. :)

View media item 60987 Two out of my three beardies, Loki and Daisy say hi (Loki's on the left and Daisy's on the right). :D

-HippieLizards.

dezismom

Juvie Member
You did your friend a good favor by introducing her to the wonderful world of dragons! And that Mavis is the sassy one, and Waffles is the sweet one, they are showing how very individual they all are. I havent met one yet, that I did not love on sight, no matter his or her particular personality. The boyfriend is correct in calling Waffles majestic; that is exactly so, when a dragon is posing and showing his fine self off...Dezi does it, and even a person who is not fond of lizards has to admit, it is a wonderous sight. My friend, who is somewhat intimidated by my big boy Dezi, once saw him in his majestic pose. My friend just blurted out praise for Dezi, calling him magnificent. I had to agree, and so does Dezi. :) Your girls both have that quality. It is a look that says they are loved, and they know it! When I see that look on a beardie photo that someone posts, I want to applaud the owner, for being such a good beardie slave! Handclaps to you and your roomie! Two happy dragons is twice the fun!

Dezi, being majestic...
82765-808398803.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hippielizards, your Loki And Daisy look so adorable, under their blanket! Did you make that for them? Dezi has one my friend crocheted just for him, to match one she made for me! And she does not like lizards. (actually, she has an almost phobia kind of fear of all reptiles) ...now, that is a true friend!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
dezismom":1rjzusfy said:
Hippielizards, your Loki And Daisy look so adorable, under their blanket! Did you make that for them? Dezi has one my friend crocheted just for him, to match one she made for me! And she does not like lizards. (actually, she has an almost phobia kind of fear of all reptiles) ...now, that is a true friend!
Lol no, I've never been good at crochet, a Friend of ours made it for us.

We have four others, one for each beardie, two were made for Cisco and Daisy by a friend of ours, and Thor's blankie (which was actually first intended to be a soft hammock but Thor had other plans and turned it into a blankie lol :) ) was made by my aunt. :) and Lol, That is a good friend! :)

Here's a pic of Loki in one of his most majestic poses. View media item 60613 and Cisco majestically basking. View media item 60371

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":1l3exj48 said:
Aww! :) I'm glad the move went well and the beardies are settled into their own home (I'm just curious. but they are in separate tanks right?) :D one of my beadies was originally named Mavis (renamed Daisy). Mavis and Waffles look happy in their new home. :)

-HippieLizards.

Yes, they live in separate tanks. Now that we are in a new place (and on the first floor.) We are talking about ways to upgrade parts of the tank and enclosure.
Also cool! I don't know why, but I really like that name for my girl and your babies are so cute!!!!

dezismom":1l3exj48 said:
You did your friend a good favor by introducing her to the wonderful world of dragons! And that Mavis is the sassy one, and Waffles is the sweet one, they are showing how very individual they all are. I havent met one yet, that I did not love on sight, no matter his or her particular personality. The boyfriend is correct in calling Waffles majestic; that is exactly so, when a dragon is posing and showing his fine self off...Dezi does it, and even a person who is not fond of lizards has to admit, it is a wonderous sight. My friend, who is somewhat intimidated by my big boy Dezi, once saw him in his majestic pose. My friend just blurted out praise for Dezi, calling him magnificent. I had to agree, and so does Dezi. :) Your girls both have that quality. It is a look that says they are loved, and they know it! When I see that look on a beardie photo that someone posts, I want to applaud the owner, for being such a good beardie slave! Handclaps to you and your roomie! Two happy dragons is twice the fun!

He is so majestic! Glad to hear he is getting spoiled the way he should be too!

She loves being introduced to bearded too. She feels like I should say she was originally considering rats and her apartment was being a jerk about it. Then I told her about my girl and she decided to try them out. Mow she'll never have it any other way!

Todays' venture was updating their lighting!
I upgraded my girls' long light from a 24 hood to a 30 hood.
93131-8677346757.jpg
93131-5508251861.jpg

Then my friend took my old 24 inch for her girls' tank
93131-3990266519.jpg
She also wants me to point out, that yes she knows that is a small tank for Waffles. We are waiting to hear back from a friend that is trying to get rid of their 55 gallon. So we can get Waffles out of that current tank

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My girl woke me up today. I've never seen her so frantic, it was 6 am. Her light wasn't on yet, but she was freaking out and glass surfing. The first time I heard it, I thought she just missed a cricket from the previous day. When she continued doing it though, I went and checked on her and she looked so nervous and anxious. I turned her light on early to see if it would help, thankfully she calmed down a bit immediately. She still looked nervous, but within half an hour. She was in her basking spot.

I think my baby had a nightmare, never seen her like that. My poor girl, I hope she doesn't have anymore nightmares... Ever... I may have to give her some extra spoiling today.

dezismom

Juvie Member
poor girl! Maybe she did have a night mare...I know that Dezi dreams. He will be sleeping on his favorite spot, (me!) and will start to twitch his little feet. I always kiss his head and comfort him, and he sighs and settles right down. Arent beardies amazing?

Hopefully your girl will not have any more difficulties. She looks very comfortable and well adjusted to the move, in the photos. Both your babies are beautiful. You and your friend sound like very good, thoughtful owners. I love to hear and see beardies being spoiled and loved, as they should be.

DeziLu demonstrates proper beardie spoiling...
82765-5841292040.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Since I know you like to spoil your dragons, have you tried brushing them? My boy loves it! I tried several brushes, and he prefers the softest, clean make up brush--he now owns my most expensive, real hair one, and I get to use the cheapo one, ha, ha! I gently brush his head, beard, and crown as he rests his wonderful self on my chest. He smiles and leans into the brush as if to show me where it is best. It is just one more way we can bond and enjoy each other. When he sees the brush, he snuggles in and smiles a big beardie smile. When Dezi is happy, I am happy. :)

Dezi being brushed--beardie bliss!
82765-1185225100.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh! I've never seen that before, that is super cute! I may have to find a brush and try that out with Mavis and Waffles. See if either of them like getting brushed <3

Dezi is such a cutey, he is a very lucky dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom