Auto continues to amaze me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost always blown away by how large my Auto's poopy is. Its the one downside in my opinion to having a bearded dragon. I've had other reptiles before Auto and their poops were what I would have expected in size. My Auto however has shown me that Dragons really do have large poops.

Today's poop was VERY stinky. I swear even he couldn't take the smell and was begging to get out so I could clean it up. I tend to clean his home every other day or every day if the smell is bad. I have a weakness to the smell of poop so I have to keep it smelling fresh...well no sent.

I'm so glad I don't use sand for substrate as I can only imagine the amount of disgusting bacteria that would build up in no time at all. Perhaps I'm a little OCD with the need to keep his home smelling like nothing. I do want to get some drift wood but until I have him set up in a larger vivarium...he'll have to make do with the fake branches.

I'm going to be selling my house soon and I'm worried what to do with Auto when the house is up for people to come view. I don't want Auto to be frightened by people poking their strange faces up near his home. He's only had me and occasionally my mother look in on him thus far. My mother seldom attempts to touch him so it's always mama who comes and plays. Over protective? Perhaps.

I wish I could get a lock for his vivarium so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone sticking unwanted fingers around him. I'll most likely have to take him with me when the open house is going on. I don't want to be overly worried about his well being...but then I'm also worried he might get too cold. Ug.

I'm just an overly worried mama who wuvs her widdle Auto.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you keep his tank clean. That is important to his health (and sanity - I'm sure he doesn't want to be stuck with it). You might be able to set up a routine of having him out at around the same time every day. I've found it helpful to use a portable basking light. Put him in a space that is somewhat enclosed and has an easy to clean surface like vinyl flooring etc. Give him some breakfast and wait till he goes and then let him roam around a bit. Sometimes offering a warm bath is helpful if he isn't stressed out by baths (they aren't worth stress). Once he gets used to going in a certain spot at around a certain time it may get him trained to go in the easy to clean spot and not in his tank. As far as open houses go, I'd bring him with you out of the house. Getting a pet carrier that can go with you in the car is really nice to have.

dragonlady79

Original Poster
The routine is slowly working out. He generally doesn't hate the bath. I will get him a carrier and leash before open house. Love my little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom