My little guy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Auto is now 5.5 inches long from nose to bum. When I first got him he was just under 4 inches nose to bum. So he's grown 1.5 inches in a month. He's also finally at the point where he doesn't attempt to run away when I pick him up. Not even a fuss.

As time has gone by the game of how much food does he need continues. I still laugh thinking back to the whole: "as much as he'll eat in 15 min". What a joke. I did that for the first 2 weeks and his belly started to droop so low it was rubbing the floor as he ran about. Thing is if I allowed him to eat as much as he could in 15 min, cricket wise, he'd wolf down at least 50! Yikes!

So I've reduced his cricket intake to 5 in the am and 5 more in the pm. His belly isn't so large any more and he eats greens now with more interest.

He completed a shed on the 26th of March but didn't shed his tail at all. Now his tail is all white and looks ready to shed at any time. Thing is his hands are starting to turn grey and the tip of his nose is too which means another shed is on its way.

I really need to get a scale to keep an eye on his weight with actual numbers vs looks. I'm in the midst of selling the house I'm in and moving to a new place so things have been in the air, including getting that scale.

I'll be having open house soon, I don't think I'll be leaving my Auto at home with all those strangers faces getting too near him. I don't like the idea of carting him around either but I worry which will be worse: strangers faces or being toted around with me. *sigh*

For cute news the reason he's named Auto is because he LOVES watching cars drive by the front of the house. It's his favorite thing to do. I swear he was a cat/dog in a past life the way he enjoys it so much. Well that's it for now. Hope you guys get something from this.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Actually 50 crickets a day is the perfect amount, 10 a day however is just underfeeding and at his age he should be allowed to eat as much as he wants.
Baby beardies need to be fed about 3x a day, every single day. Each feeding should consist of at least 10-20 crickets.

It's pretty healthy for a young baby beardie to have a large full belly.

dragonlady79

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":1yy6nshi said:
Actually 50 crickets a day is the perfect amount, 10 a day however is just underfeeding and at his age he should be allowed to eat as much as he wants.
Baby beardies need to be fed about 3x a day, every single day. Each feeding should consist of at least 10-20 crickets.

It's pretty healthy for a young baby beardie to have a large full belly.

I've been so worried he was getting too fat and I don't want him to be obese. I'll let him eat a lot more again and hope he really doesn't turn up obese. I don't want him to starve either. Perhaps I should wait until he's closer to full grown to worry about his weight. Auto is my first dragon and I just want him to be happy/healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom