Been a month with my bearded baby and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my little dragon for nearly a month. Will be a month this Monday. I have struggled to name him/identify the gender and had the fun of learning how to clean his home up while holding him.

His name is Auto. He kinda named himself because he loves to watch cars drive by. We live on a main road so there's always lots to see. If I try to walk away from the cars he will dash towards the cars out of my hands if I'm not careful. He's adorable in that sense and has within the last week started to demand out times.

My exp with him has been mostly positive. I've learned that hes faster than I could have thought. To anyone who is thinking of a dragon as a pet I recommend it if you can afford it. My little boy munches down a lot of crickets. About 10-15 a day and a lot of greens. He ate his first tiny bit of banana today and loved it.

I had wanted a dragon for many a moon before I got this guy so I had a LOT of time to research how to raise 'em right. The whole: let 'em eat as much as they can in X time is...a myth and bad one at that. My boy started to get Jabba the Hutt fat because of that. I guess if the dragon is a hatch ling that yeah as much as he'd like for a while would be a good idea.

Day to day life with my little guy who's now about 5 inches nose to bum is chaos in that he decides when he wants out and when he's had enough out. I don't put him in his home, I let him go if he wants when I get near it, if he doesn't go in on his own he gets to stay out a while longer with me. I clean up the paper towel off his floor once a day because man does that poop smell.

I let him wake up for about an hour or so before he gets breakfast which consists of dusted crickets, a verity of greens/veggies and a fresh bowl of water. He gets to eat what I give him and then I await his daily poop which usually follows a few hours after meal. After poopy is done he gets a cleaned home and out time.

Out time usually consists of him watching traffic go by as mommy gets bored. I'd put him on the shoulder but he's not ready to sit still up there...learned that the hard way. After first out, depending on day of the week as to what happens next. 2x a Week I bathe him so usually on Wed/Sat. I have a bucket used only for the fish tanks I have so he gets to sit in that with a towel on the bottom for grip. After that he gets dried off and put into his home for basking joys. The rest of the day he gets out if he climbs the front of his home or paces at his door. Night consists of turning off lights and kissing him on his head for good nights.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to see he's settling in well and you are getting into a good routine with him. You will learn his preferences more and more over time as you form a stronger bond. It's a constant learning experiences as you're seeing. Keep up the good work =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom