The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah, Cisco hated her at first though. So I'm happy for them to get along now. Unfortunately it's been raining non-stop lately. and It's too cold to let the beardies out in the rain. They love drinking rainwater.

Also Thor has been doing much better lately and was actually running like a normal beardie this morning!!! :shock: :blob5: :D View media item 61109 Hooray! a picture where he looks normal! View media item 61060Showing off some magnificent colors right now View media item 61020 Trying to impress his toy iguana. :roll:

Although he still hates me right now for having to give him medicine. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey,

Don't feel bad about the meds. My 3 yr old, Broly has to take allopurinol (not for gout but for his kidneys) and enzyme so he can digest his food for the rest of his life. I get the hiss and black beard of doom. He's got health issues, but I won't get into it here. If you wanna know I will tell you. I can relate to the meds.

Btw, beautiful lizards. Idk their names LOL sorry. The really red one is very pretty. Thor..he's so cute. Cisco (did I spell it right?) he's got some orange like my boy.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
LOL, I know. Thor's just on liquid calcium right now. The first month of having him I had five different med's for him. Thankfully Thor's MBD has improved a ton. It's fine to tell me what your beardie had. Was your beardie a rescue? All of my beardies are rescues. :)

All my reptiles names are: Cisco, Female, 3 1/2 Yrs. View media item 60683Thor, Male, age not entirely known but assumed around three years. View media item 61109Daisy, female, 2 1/2 - 3 yrs. View media item 60746Gizmo, Gender unknown, 3 months, Crested gecko View media item 60988
There, That's all my pets. :D and Thank you! :blob5: Yes, you did spell it right. :lol: and Secretly I think Thor's the cutest out of all my beardies. Just don't tell the others! :) :lol:

-HippieLizards.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey,

Broly was a Petco (I heard all horror stories) beardie. In a way, I guess he was a rescue. He came home with MBD which to this day has a wavy tail, his feet all turn inward. He does straighten his feet normally to walk so he doesn't fall over on his face. It took a while for him to straighten his feet so he doesn't fall on his face. He has stiff legs since day 1 and it doesn't bother him. This is all MBD related. It's been getting better. He has the Arcadia 14% tube and liquid calcium.

Now the enzyme problem started with pinworms. Took him to the vet multiple times. The worms wrecked his digestive tract. So now if he doesn't get enzyme before or right after eating, his poop will look like he had vomited. Nothing digested at all. All goes in comes out the same...partially alive bugs is scary looking. It's like a horror movie.

Now for the kidney problem, we discovered it was his Loop of Henle which had a kink in it. I talked to Tracie about it and she thinks due to inbreeding. He's an inbred dragon. It gets better some days. Sometimes normal tube looking or sometimes diarrhea. More times than not it's diarrhea. He can't have a lot of water like most dragons can drink more. He can only drink 1-2ml of water a day. His kidneys are working well it's the loop that gets water mixed poop coming out together. We found all these issues when he was 1 1/2 -2 yrs old. The loop is unkinking (totally not a word but Idk what else to say) slowly so hopefully over the years he will have what everyone considers normal poop or he won't. Thank goodness for tiles.

His sheds don't usually have any issues. The nips in his tail, has a buildup of sheds. It looks so yellow...I take care of it with plain aloe vera.

That's about it.

I have a crested gecko...he's mean. He's not mine, he's my husband's.

Your lizzies are all so cute. Poor God of Lightning, he looks good though.

Though I had a dragon die at 10 1/2 yrs old. I never had a dragon with all these issues. So this is new.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Aw man, Poor beardie! I'm glad you saved him! You seem to be taking good care of him. Thor has MBD too. It's been hard fixing it.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey,

Yeah, you and I taking care of MBD.

I wish the best of luck to Thor getting better. Hopefully, no damage has been done.

Thank you! I try my best to do what I can with him. Unfortunately, the damage from MBD will stay. I make sure he straightens his feet before walking.
Im glad you saved all your babies. I never seen happier babies than yours.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you! :D Unfortunately due to Thor's years of neglect and being kept in a 20-40 gal tank with 4 other sickly beardies without adequate heat and no UVB and just sand has taken it's toll on him. :( He's semi-paralysed, Stunted in growth, neurologically disabled and of course, Has MBD. :(

Thankfully since November (when I got him) I Have been Giving him lots of medicine, Feeding him the proper food, Giving him lots of sunlight, and Just loving him has really helped him. and As my vet said, Sunlight is the best thing.

I Think your beardie has it worse though. :( Hopefully he will get better.

More updates coming soon!

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
View media item 60713 View media item 61112 View media item 60940 View media item 60926 View media item 60816 Thor was trying his best to look manly for Cisco. :roll: View media item 60371 View media item 60788 View media item 61064 View media item 60358 View media item 61045 Cisco was basking like a queen until one of the suction cups on the hammock broke while she was on it. :eek: She's fine right now.

View media item 60923 View media item 60715 View media item 60376 View media item 60811 View media item 61134 This was how Daisy and Thor slept last night. :roll: All night long. For Thor I did move him just because it was killing my neck just watching him sleep like that. He then woke up, gave me the stink eye and went back to the same position and fell back asleep. :lol: I Guess it's comfy for them. LOL.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I Made a collar with a big red ribbon on it for Cisco. and Now I think she's plotting to kill me. :roll: View media item 60704 She was not impressed at all. :) View media item 60809 I Love Thor's look in this one.View media item 60649 View media item 60459 View media item 61156 She soon tried eating it so I took it off.

Right now Thor is running around in circles on my bed bobbing his head like a madman. It's very entertaining. :lol: and he has the blackest of all beards. Except for the little patches of shed around the beard. View media item 60652 View media item 61147
More pics coming soon!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Beautiful pictures of all your beautiful beardies. Thor is lucky he has you to take care of him now. MBD can cause some permanent deformities, but at least it usually responds well to good calcium supplementation and good UV light, so if they get some good care before they're too far gone, they can often recover and have a good life, even if their bones end up a little twisted (or a lot).

Thor and Broly are both lucky they ended up with good human slaves to take care of them. :D :D

BTW, bearded dragons do seem to be able to fall asleep in some pretty strange positions and not seem to be any worse off for it the next day, even though most of us humans would have a stiff neck for a week if we did that. It probably doesn't hurt to pick them up and settle them back down in a more reasonable position. At the worst, you'll get a dirty look and they'll go back to sleep, either in the position you chose for them or the one they prefer.

I usually wrap our beardie up in a little towel for his "bedtime cuddle," then tuck him back into his tank for the night when we both get sleepy. He usually stays in his "burrito" until the next morning, and sometimes, if I'm really careful, I can put him down without waking him all the way back up again.

I don't think most of them are into wearing ribbons around their necks, no matter how pretty it looks, and it sounds like Thor still has the springtime hormone thing going. :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you! :) I Have been trying my best to keep Thor alive and It's been much easier than I thought it would be. My motto: 'I Don't quit until they do.' and Thor definitely has a lot of fight left in him. :blob5:

LOL, Thor has a favorite "blankie" too! He will not go to sleep unless he's wrapped up in his little burrito and will freak out and throw a tantrum if it's not there. This is how he goes to sleep every night.View media item 60388 Normally he just lays on it waiting to be wrapped up. But he MUST have his blanket to go to sleep or he will give me the black beard of doom and give me the stink eye. :roll: He's a fun lizard.

and Yes, Springtime has been crazy. Thor only has two things on his mind. Food and Breeding. :roll: Then there's the crazy weather. Two days ago it was in the mid 70s-80s and today the forecast calls for snow. :x Lately it's just nonstop rain and storms. :banghead: Can't we just skip spring and go straight to summer? :x I'm surprised Thor hasn't broken his neck from all the nonstop bobbing. Lol.

LOL, and Cisco still won't come near me. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey,

The bow looks cute on her. Aww too bad she doesn't like it. It's a beardie thing.

Mine is different. He doesn't like cuddles (unless power outage) he definitely doesn't like being wrapped up. LOL. Idk I have a dragon that's just strange. Different personality. Idk how...I always spent time with him and snuggled him as he was younger. Now he just doesn't like it. He squirms anytime I try. Oh well, some dragons like human interaction others (like mine) just rather me have him on the window and leave him alone. The life of a brat who I love huh? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom