Venus's hatred to MVB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So currently waiting for her tube light to arrive sometime later tonight most likely. Shes been sitting all day on her cool side so I thought maybe i should move her MVB over so she can get some uvb and heat (even if it only raises the temp up by 5-10*f), next thing I know a few minutes later she tensed up walked a bit away from it and then ran to the opposite side of her viv like the MVB was the worst thing she ever experienced.
I moved her MVB back to its regular place waited, and then turned it on and she ran away from it once again.

My tegu personally loves this Megaray MVB, but it seems Venus just, shes not so happy with it.
I also tried seeing how Neptune and Saturn reacted to it but they just basked underneath it quite happily.

Maybe venus just has a certain uvb preference?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Ha, that would be pretty funny. My beardy doesn't care. I use to use an MVB but I've gone back two individual bulbs. I guess she may not have willing to tolerate the bulb's intensity.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They all have their preferences. She may not like the color of the light or the heat level or the narrow cone of UVB those produce. Who knows. It's good to know what she prefers though so you can cater to her whims =)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I figured out a way to get her to bask, I have to have the bulb around 6 inches off to the side. Sucks for the heat portion but she seems happier about it, I believe its only getting up to about 95 right now where she is. Im guessing its possibly the narrow cone of uvb that it produces that she doesn't like, shes never even been under a MVB until now, shes mostly been under a tube light for most of her life other than the two days or so when i first got her where she was underneath a compact bulb.

Also sadly the UVB bulb didnt arrive yet, hopefully tomorrow it will be here. Im sure she'll like the tube light a lot better once its here.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could be. I've noticed that Darwin seems to sometimes sit right under the MegaRay, sometimes he'll sit off to the side. Sometimes he prefers his plain basking light and doesn't use the MVB at all. I don't think their needs/moods are constant so it's all the more reason to provide them with as much variety as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom