Sweetie and the Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
We first got Sweetie on August 23. She was 9 inches long and 21 g. She was a rescue and looked pretty dehydrated when we first got her. She drank so much! Although I love reptiles I've never been particularly too crazy about lizards to the point where I wanted to keep one. I would catch one every now and then and keep it for a while and then let it go but that's about as far as it went. My youngest little girl however is very much into animals just like I am. So we got her the bearded dragon thinking it would be a good first pet for her to have, with my help of course. However in the beginning she was very rough with her as she is rough with everything. Hence the title's name. She is a beast when it comes to everything. She can destroy or mess up anything she puts her hands on and it doesn't take her long. However eventually she finally learned that Sweetie is a part of our family and that she likes her a lot. Shes starting to learn about death and things getting hurt and that it is bad( we had an incident with a green tree frog a few months back that ended badly for the frog, sad to say, but did teach her this valuable lesson). She is starting to become really close to Sweetie just as I have and I just thought I would share some pictures. The most recent picture is one where I walked in on her and happened to see them cuddling on the couch watching TV.although I don't trust her with Sweetie by herself for extended periods of time(i.e. 15 seconds.lol)it was just nice to know that she is learning and actually bonding with her. She regularly comes up asking "can I hold Sweetie? I wanna cuddle Sweetie". And it was just a very sweet Kodak moment.
94519-1937985071.jpg
this picture was about two months back.
94519-2239951203.jpg
94519-5233910005.jpg
these last two pictures were this morning. Dec.6. I just thought they were way too cute to not share

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like Sweetie is thriving under your care. I'm glad to see she is settling in and your daughter is bonding with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom