Tips on showing a lizard not everything is prey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon likes eating but so does everyone else's. The problem here is my room is extremely small so my fish tank and lizard tank are directly next to each other and my dragon will constantly try eating my beta. I eventually put a magnifying glass between their tanks so that the dragon will see the fish as huge and the fish will not go close to the dragon and it only worked for about a week before the dragon slamed her face against her tank wall trying to eat the beta that now appears 4x bigger than her :/. I'm not sure what to do next, I've had the fish for about 3 years and until I get my shelves this Christmas there's no way I will be able to move them but I'm honestly worried about my dragon getting brain damage from throwing herself off of the hammock into the side of the tank..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah Cooper tried to attack a fish we were watching temporarily too. For some reason they really want to eat a fish even though it's not a natural prey. Best thing is to move the tank as mentioned. Otherwise put up some paper or another kind of barrier to block the view between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom