Larry the lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie loves to cuddle and when he's worried it seems, he likes to hold my hand like a baby would. For example, I took him outside during the summer and he started to look around and seemed scared so I put my hand up to him and he wrapped his little claw/paw around my finger and calmed down. Does anyone else's beardie do this?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's nice that he finds comfort/safety with you. My first dragon, Cooper, would scurry back to me if he was wandering outside and a helicopter went overhead.

dezismom

Juvie Member
My boy Dezi holds my hand all the time! He just wants contact with me always! How old is Larry? Dez is almost 3 yrs, and is two feet long! One of the biggest Beardies in the U.S.! He is a true "giant" aand did not slow his growth until quite recently. He is soooo affectionate, sweet, beautiful and smart, I cannot say how much I adore him. He is the first Beardie I have known/owned, and I would never have believd how affectionate a lizard could be. I am happy to hear that Larry has an owner who appreciates him. They have a great many ways to communicate to us, if we observe them carefully. Do you have photos to post? would love to see Larry. Here is my boy, Dezilu, getting his evening snuggles. His tail reaches all the way past my hips.
82765-2519755811.jpg

Macyv10

Original Poster
I'm so glad I wasn't imagining things! He really is such a sweet lizard, tho my two cats are afraid of him. He belonged to my step dad before my mom married him but we're pretty sure he's about 2 years old now. This is him Larry and my cat Simi cuddling with me when I didn't feel very good. Soon after this,
he decided he wanted to run and scared Simi right out of my room!
95209-4201941593.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom