First day fell asleep cuddling with other beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first night I have my baby I put up a mirror for him and he fell asleep on the opposite side of the heat, up against the glass where the mirror was, as if he was cuddling with another beardie lol. I know people say they naturally are territorial and don't like others in their habitat, but he seems to be very social!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They're all a bit different. After a while I've found that they don't react to reflections the way they do when they're young so maybe they realize it's not another dragon after a while. Maybe he's ahead of the curve, maybe he doesn't mind his reflection dragon, or maybe it's coincidence. Like I said, they're all a bit different though.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
BeardieSmaug":lc4rgd8e said:
Sorry i'm late on the reply, but you put a mirror inside his tank? I'v never heard of anyone doing that :eek:
I Would generally advise against that, Because they could think it is a rival beardie and stress the beardie out.

and Yeah, I Agree with CooperDragon, But My beardies have done this before when I Have two out and it's close to their bedtime I'll take them out to snuggle, and My beardies are very used to each other (I Always am watching them very closely to watch for any signs of stress from either of them and if they act stressed from any other beardies I put them up). This was a Few nights ago during snuggle time: View media item 60987 (Loki was on the left and Daisy was on the right).

-HippieLIzards.

Definitely do not put a mirror. Lizzie and Jax even hated their GLASS because they were doing what we called "Sumo Wrestler." It's just glass dancing. As they get older, they will hate it even more then before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom