Bert is Obsessed with our PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We try to let Bert out of his viv whenever we are home during the day, now that we have a nice set-up for him on the floor. He has a basking spot, a mercury vapor bulb, and a guinea pig fence to keep him from falling to his death.

41729-5041491562.jpg

However, he spends an inordinate amount of time lying on our PS4 instead of his basking rock. He climbs up onto the bottom shelf of our TV stand and will just lay there for hours if we let him. At first I thought maybe it was warm, but i have felt it and it definitely doesn't feel warm to the touch at all. It's always turned off, as we spend most of our gaming time playing on our laptops these days. Any idea why he likes it so much there?

41729-395943462.jpg

KozmoRox

First of all, He has good taste. Those Nintendo dragons have no idea whats up! And he's probably trying to tell you he wants to play Uncharted 4, super fun game! HaHa! He sure is a cutie!!

My Kozmo has her favorite hiding spots too, under the console and on my last shelf of the bookcase behind a vase. She used to be quite happy at the window under her mercury vapor bulb, but that was before her brumation. Slowly but surely she spent more time hiding & napping than basking.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's because it's a cozy/safe spot. It's common for them to find favorite spots like that. Dundee's favorite spot was on top of the Atari under a shelf (that was holding a Nintendo). He just wedged in there all the time and watched the room. It's my signature photo. Here's the larger version:

76248-3518139497.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom