Latigo and the Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latigo, gender unknown, is one of my 2 beardies. He's the youngest, and a leather back. His viv sits right next to my desk, and we have a lot of interaction during the day. I think s/he may love me almost as much as I love him :-D.

Anyway, his usual diet consists of small dubia roaches, large Phoenix worms, and the occasional cricket, in additional to a daily fresh bowl of salad, which he likes, but not as well as his dubia roaches!

So one day, I fed him 4 large crickets by hand, using tongs, because I really hate touching insects with mouths. He scarfed 3 down, but the 4th got away as he attempted to gobble it down. An hour or so later, I found it, here:

full

Lattie didn't care about him being on his nose, and the cricket lived to be eaten another day :lol: .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Saving it for later =). The eyes closed means he's mildy annoyed but not enough so to do anything about it. Next phase would be a quick head shake side to side and then if it really got annoying, he'd probably move or puff out his beard.

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1h14ydkb said:
Saving it for later =). The eyes closed means he's mildy annoyed but not enough so to do anything about it. Next phase would be a quick head shake side to side and then if it really got annoying, he'd probably move or puff out his beard.

Hey, thanks for the lesson in beardie body language. I suspected he might be somewhat annoyed, since his eyes were closed for what I presume was an attempt to keep cricket feet out of them, but I wouldn't have known about the head shake and beard puffing! I love learning new things. Thank you :).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a visual note. Here's Coop one morning when I dared to offer him some kale and squash. He was a grump in the mornings but this was the last straw :lol:

76248-3740493902.jpg

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1932zclr said:
For a visual note. Here's Coop one morning when I dared to offer him some kale and squash. He was a grump in the mornings but this was the last straw :lol:

76248-3740493902.jpg

Oh, my! He DOES look grumpy! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom