Latigo and the Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latigo, gender unknown, is one of my 2 beardies. He's the youngest, and a leather back. His viv sits right next to my desk, and we have a lot of interaction during the day. I think s/he may love me almost as much as I love him :-D.

Anyway, his usual diet consists of small dubia roaches, large Phoenix worms, and the occasional cricket, in additional to a daily fresh bowl of salad, which he likes, but not as well as his dubia roaches!

So one day, I fed him 4 large crickets by hand, using tongs, because I really hate touching insects with mouths. He scarfed 3 down, but the 4th got away as he attempted to gobble it down. An hour or so later, I found it, here:

full

Lattie didn't care about him being on his nose, and the cricket lived to be eaten another day :lol: .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Saving it for later =). The eyes closed means he's mildy annoyed but not enough so to do anything about it. Next phase would be a quick head shake side to side and then if it really got annoying, he'd probably move or puff out his beard.

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1h14ydkb said:
Saving it for later =). The eyes closed means he's mildy annoyed but not enough so to do anything about it. Next phase would be a quick head shake side to side and then if it really got annoying, he'd probably move or puff out his beard.

Hey, thanks for the lesson in beardie body language. I suspected he might be somewhat annoyed, since his eyes were closed for what I presume was an attempt to keep cricket feet out of them, but I wouldn't have known about the head shake and beard puffing! I love learning new things. Thank you :).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a visual note. Here's Coop one morning when I dared to offer him some kale and squash. He was a grump in the mornings but this was the last straw :lol:

76248-3740493902.jpg

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1932zclr said:
For a visual note. Here's Coop one morning when I dared to offer him some kale and squash. He was a grump in the mornings but this was the last straw :lol:

76248-3740493902.jpg

Oh, my! He DOES look grumpy! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom