Luna ❤️❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since we lost Harley last week we decided to get another dragon only this time from a breeder and not Petsmart. We did order her this morning and she should arrive soon. Big thanks to kidsanddragons.com ❤️ I spent yesterday sterilizing Harley's tank and items just in case as I didn't want anything to happen to Luna. She should arrive Tuesday!!

She is a yellow hypo tiger hatched on 6/6

92774-1423529806.jpg

92774-8288210123.jpg

92774-3780515306.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So have spent the last few days prepping for Luna's arrival :) We sterilized and disinfected the tank (twice), threw away the reptile carpet and disinfected all the old decor. So here is Luna's home when she gets here :)

92774-2457425110.jpg

1. T5 10.0 tube on top of mesh
2. Basking light par38 flood light dimmable
3. Substrate is non adhesive shelf liner cut to fit
4. Hot side in 90's, basking tree spot is 107 and cool side hovers around 78-81.

As always, if she tries to gnaw on the fake plants then we will remove them. The fleece tiny washcloths I had are being washed now :)

Thoughts or am I good? We are anxiously awaiting her lol

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Just remember, once you have it setup and, she arrives don't change anything or add anything for about 3 months, its less stress full....they don't like change!!! Looks and, sounds awesome though!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":29ej7ziq said:
Just remember, once you have it setup and, she arrives don't change anything or add anything for about 3 months, its less stress full....they don't like change!!! Looks and, sounds awesome though!

Nope will not.. that is why I am doing it now lol the only time it will "shift" to be put back is cleaning and then I try to put it back pretty much in the same place.

Is there anything I am missing??

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
ChristinaMike":2ye48keo said:
Gormagon":2ye48keo said:

Nope will not.. that is why I am doing it now lol the only time it will "shift" to be put back is cleaning and then I try to put it back pretty much in the same place.

Is there anything I am missing??
Not as far as I can tell.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Happy Day!!! Luna has arrived all safe & sound... she was absolutely beautiful, zero stress marks and much bigger than Harley was.... we unboxed her, weighed, measured and got her immediately into her enclosure and gave her breakfast.

And here she is!!

92774-3319832869.jpg

92774-4278376405.jpg

92774-3368052403.jpg

She weighed 26g and was 9" long .... we love her already!!!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Luna was very tired last night from her trip to us and passed out before the lights went off ?? I have missed the "where's the dragon" sleeping game in the mornings. I at least knew where she conked out last night so as her lights started turning on this morning, I snapped a pic and got some good stinkeye "why mom why" lol

92774-3076234763.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Such a difference between her and Harley... like I can now see that Harley probably wasn't healthy from the get go... Luna just downed at LEAST 40 small dubia's and kept staring at me like she wanted more... I cut her off until lunch ??

At least she is a healthy eater and is showing zero signs of being stressed.. makes me feel very good about the decision to get her.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":2r0pt6f9 said:

Well this failed royally lol apparently, she didn't like it LOL She would NOT move around, bask, and just hung out in the cold end no matter how many times we moved her.. we watched her to see what she preferred SOOOOO that is now on the list... lol She will not get on the tree at all *sigh* so just going to adjust things today.. She would sit and look at us like "really this is how you do it" :lol:

The good thing is she doesn't seem to stress at all and seems very loving. If we go in to move her, she doesn't run or act scared.. pretty much just sits lol Hubby held her for a few min last night before lights out and she was very content laying on him :) So seems like we scored a very well mannered dragon.. she hasn't exhibited any scared behavior like Harley did.

So will update with pics later on her final setup that pleases the queen lol funny dragon lol

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So this week with Luna has been great!! She is vastly different than Harley was (from Petsmart) and we could immediately tell the difference. We weighed/measured her yesterday (we tend to do Friday measures) and she was 35g and 9.25" so that was reassuring.

I have noticed her keeping her right eye closed a lot which worried me but she has been rubbing that side of her head on everything so I am presuming it is going to shed.. poor girl. She is a healthy eater and loves her dubia's.... she is not so much a fan of phoenix worms (go figure) but i will try to keep switching up.

Sooooo she didn't respond well to how her tank was setup... she wouldn't move out of the cool side and wouldn't bask.. temps were all good. If we moved her to bask then she would stay there but in general just wasn't feeling it. After watching her a few days and discovering her preferences, I put things in spots she prefers and she seems MUCH happier with it now.

She is very laid back. She isn't scared of us and doesn't run when we reach in.. she is now getting bedtime cuddles every night and seems to enjoy those.. just lays down and dozes lol All in all I say she is doing very well and loves to be held.. great temperment! Here are some pics I captured this week lol

92774-9565094290.jpg

92774-1815823783.jpg

92774-8646904993.jpg

92774-2136606276.jpg

92774-3687020447.jpg

New tank layout that she prefers
92774-4647648041.jpg

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
OMG she is sooooo adorable and cute! :D
I love that pic where shes in her bowl..... ccccuuuuuttteee! <3 Cant wait to see more pics of your beautiful girl.

Hmm, eye closed might be something in her eye or shed... or could be lights. Not sure what else could be, probably just shed since shes young and going through shedding phases and there isn't any sand or dirt substrate but then again maybe rubbing her eyes on branch and little tiny particles could get in eye, not sure :? Definitely would keep an eye on for sure if it doesn't clear up after the shedding or becomes worse then would recommend a certified reptile vet. Hope her eye gets better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom