Drinking during bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 beardies (Bruce and Natasha/Hulk and Black Widow) both get baths every day or every other day. Just this week, Bruce has started putting his mouth under water. He dunks his face enough that his eyes are under water and stays there for 15ish seconds, then he comes up and does it again. I would assume he is drinking the water... but if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

Thank you,
Dan :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that sounds like he's drinking. Be careful to not let him overdo it and drink too much at once. If they are thirsty I've found it better to drip water on their nose for them to lick up. It's easier to regulate that way so they don't get a ton all at once.

Dragonsandherps

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I figured that is what he was doing. So, how long will I be able to house these 2 together? I have watched them together since I got them and I have never once seen them nip or bite at one another. The biggest problem I see is when he crawls over her and they both fall off of the vine or their sticks in the habitat, she doesn't ever seem very pleased about that but otherwise they get along just fine.
They are in a 55 gal aquarium with a hinged metal screen lid.

Mysty

Juvie Member
In answer to your seperation question, I'd do so asap as there is not a guaranteed length of time for young dragons getting on. Conflicts can emerge gradually, or suddenly with serious injuries.

Reasons for seperating as soon as you can are:
1. Its less stressful for both. No beardie wants to fall off a log 'cause fatso room mate decides to sit on them.

2. You cant always be there to see if there's conflict.

3. If one gets unwell or injured, its much easier to recover in peace.

So yeah, its great that you're asking this question before anything serious has occurred. Prevention through seperation is your way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom