Bathtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday morning, I found a large almost black smear in her chest/belly. I wondered what it was, but was busy and had to go to work. Later in the day, I found this amazing place, read some of the care articles and my heart stopped when I saw that heat rocks can cause burns.

I went to go check on my baby girl as fast as I could. While mentally debating the best possible ways to treat burns on a baby dragon. When i saw the smudge had lightened.

Turns out Mavis had just walked through her own poop, and boy was I glad that was all it was! So today, I gave her a long bath.
20170707_182510.jpg
20170707_182513.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
She's beautiful --very pretty colors and markings. I'm glad it turned out to be poop and not burns -- much easier to fix. :)

But if you do have a heat rock, you might want to consider trading it in for a safer source of warmth, because they can and do cause burns as you have read.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":sy2u2mu6 said:
She's beautiful --very pretty colors and markings. I'm glad it turned out to be poop and not burns -- much easier to fix. :)

But if you do have a heat rock, you might want to consider trading it in for a safer source of warmth, because they can and do cause burns as you have read.

Much easier <3 And much less dangerous

Ya, sadly will need to wait for next pay check, but have been asking around for better options. Someone suggested getting a heating pad, but just not setting it on the bottom. They said to secure it to the side of the tank. So they can tell and get away from it. I would hate for her to get burna

Thanks for the nice words on my dragon, she has become my baby.

Chanza

Hatchling Member
I would be scared aswell! Thank goodness she was all good. Her pattern is gorgeous, it looks a little similar to my dragon's. As others have said, best thing you can do is remove any heat pads/rocks in the enclosure, especially considering she is young she will get burnt quite easily. Best way to go for heat is with a basking lamp and UVB.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Chanza":11zz6e96 said:
I would be scared aswell! Thank goodness she was all good. Her pattern is gorgeous, it looks a little similar to my dragon's. As others have said, best thing you can do is remove any heat pads/rocks in the enclosure, especially considering she is young she will get burnt quite easily. Best way to go for heat is with a basking lamp and UVB.

:eek: really? I had never seen a dragon with a pattern like hers before. I'd love to see your babies and ya, I've had her for about a month. I only leave the heat rock on from about 11 at night to about 8 in the morning. So she has something to help keep her warm in case it rains.

Her enclosure isn't "outside" but she is currently being housed at my work. So I know I can check on her several times a day and never forget to give my baby everything she needs. However, the building she is in has no A.C. (but does have several large fans,) and is partially affected by the outside weather. (Especially the temperature.)

Back to her heat rock though, ^^; it seems I've gotten lucky with her so far. Will be changing out as soon as I can!

Chanza

Hatchling Member
Sounds like a good idea. She is so lucky to have such a devoted owner! She is living the life for sure :lol:

Here's a pic of my boy, on the second pic, not sure if it's easy to see but he kinda has that similar ovals with the color in the middle kinda pattern similar to your dragon. He's about to shed so he's pretty light at the moment. He's eye pattern is also quite simiar to your dragon's aswell. Mind the fluff on his beard, I only just noticed that he had been snooping around near where my cats often sit and got some fur on him :lol:

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Chanza":26vp54ve said:
Sounds like a good idea. She is so lucky to have such a devoted owner! She is living the life for sure :lol:

Here's a pic of my boy, on the second pic, not sure if it's easy to see but he kinda has that similar ovals with the color in the middle kinda pattern similar to your dragon. He's about to shed so he's pretty light at the moment. He's eye pattern is also quite simiar to your dragon's aswell. Mind the fluff on his beard, I only just noticed that he had been snooping around near where my cats often sit and got some fur on him :lol:

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

What a cutie! I actually got a good picture of my girl going through her first really good shed with me.

He looks like he is quite the handsome! Thanks for showing him to me!!!

Also XD Now I can't stop imagine the cutie with a kitty fluff Santa Claus beard.

Chanza

Hatchling Member
NinaAmbroshia":3gtw7kmf said:
Chanza":3gtw7kmf said:

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

What a cutie! I actually got a good picture of my girl going through her first really good shed with me.

He looks like he is quite the handsome! Thanks for showing him to me!!!

Also XD Now I can't stop imagine the cutie with a kitty fluff Santa Claus beard.

Haha no problem. Maybe this year Krumpli will be delivering the presents :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom