Harley (aka Moody), new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we are.. first time ever having a reptile of any kind and immediately loving our little Thor (we assume lol). I discovered this place and I am sure glad I did or I am sure everything would have gone south.

We got him from Petsmart (NOW I know lol) on 6/16/17. He is/was a tiny thing and my best guess put him about 6 weeks old? Of course i had everything wrong for him but thank god I am a complete Amazon junkie so immediately started ordering.

Thank you to Coopersdragon and Gorgamon for helping me throughout the first week!!

Without any further mom babbling.... here is the man of the hour and his setup... which will be changing :)

92774-6067515053.jpg

92774-3637967389.jpg

92774-4107692144.jpg

More pics coming :) need to upload them!!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here he is in all his glory lol

6/17/17
Weight: 10g
Length: 6in

He seems pretty disinterested in crickets at the moment so I will be ordering other foods next week. He started to shed in the face yesterday and poor guy keeps rubbing his face. I will be doing another weight today. He is very alert and really gets aggravated with me when I try to clean up lol Hence the Moody nickname.

92774-6295691864.jpg

92774-5343788154.jpg

My favorite pic so far lol
92774-7552360128.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ollie2":vjypsewa said:
What a handsome little guy! I love baby pictures... :)

Thanks! He is definitely a ham and stays pretty upset with mom since I am the one to clean all his stuff... I get the stink eye a lot :lol: :lol:

Today he is just downright pitiful and lazy... He wouldn't get off his basking area to eat so I had my little container there and he started eating from that... :roll: so he literally made me stand there and feed him out of a container bowl lol

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What a life, doesn't have to say a word, just one look and, "vwalla" dinner is served, LMAO!
You are learning fast "Grasshopper", lola!???

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Awe what a cute little fella! That's how my guy was when i first got him a few weeks ago (3 to 4 weeks now) and hes gotten so big now. Its crazy how big they get in a short period of time. Nice setup too :D

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Reptilelady":vk9uj7wb said:
Awe what a cute little fella! That's how my guy was when i first got him a few weeks ago (3 to 4 weeks now) and hes gotten so big now. Its crazy how big they get in a short period of time. Nice setup too :D

Thanks :) I have some stuff to put in later today which should give me the stinkeye and pouting especially when i pull it all out to clean :lol:

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Did his Friday stats... so only 1 week

Weight: 11g
Length: still 6in

Next week will be ordering some BSFL and roaches so I hope that helps!!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is his new setup today and he seems to really enjoy it

92774-4472633358.jpg

And here is how the doofus slept last night ??

92774-4018616118.jpg

Ollie2

Great suction cup and leather strap! :lol:

I'm sure once he gets bigger he'll appreciate his beautiful hammock!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He shed his tail this past weekend but still really isn't interested in the crickets. I have been giving water to his nose by a tiny needleless syringe thing and he lapped that up this morning.

We have had some interesting sleeping habits today ??

92774-837588716.jpg

92774-4574298258.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today is measure/weigh day and a recap of what WE have learned this week ??

Weight: 12g ??
Length: 6.25" ??

What we learned this week:

1. I think it is a she ?? don't know why, intuition maybe?

2. He/She does NOT like when I wash the carpet and spent 2 days refusing to come off the bridge & tree. Would NOT get down on paper towel substrate so that is a no go for us ... instead, bought another carpet so I can interchange them lol

3. Eating much much better now and very active but still is very "meh" to crickets. BSFL arrive tomorrow and my roaches should be here no later than Monday ?

4. He/she loves water from the syringe (who knew!).

5. He/she ate some greens today for the first time and was very demanding of us when they wanted to eat ??

New sleeping picture from last night ???

92774-3395730532.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom