Harley (aka Moody), new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we are.. first time ever having a reptile of any kind and immediately loving our little Thor (we assume lol). I discovered this place and I am sure glad I did or I am sure everything would have gone south.

We got him from Petsmart (NOW I know lol) on 6/16/17. He is/was a tiny thing and my best guess put him about 6 weeks old? Of course i had everything wrong for him but thank god I am a complete Amazon junkie so immediately started ordering.

Thank you to Coopersdragon and Gorgamon for helping me throughout the first week!!

Without any further mom babbling.... here is the man of the hour and his setup... which will be changing :)

92774-6067515053.jpg

92774-3637967389.jpg

92774-4107692144.jpg

More pics coming :) need to upload them!!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":gn5zbq19 said:
That's so sad. I wonder what happened. I know how tough it is to lose a dragon quickly like that =(.

I have to assume that since we got her from PetSmart that she was already sick and we didn't know. I left him very explicit instructions for her which he followed so I know it wasn't feeding issues or anything. She literally finished a full body shed a couple of days before we left. I wish I knew but I can relax knowing she was truly loved and taken care of the best to our ability. She was up to 26 grams.

He said she wouldn't go bask that morning and just hung out under her tree, he fed her and came back an hour later and said "I think she is dead" so I was texting him on what to do to check.. he bathed her and put her in the light "in case" but a while later sent me another text stating that she was getting stiff so he believed she was gone. She didn't respond to being flipped or anything else.

After I get her tank cleaned and sterilized along with everything in it, we will look at a breeder to get the next one from. Just seems a shame but I made sure she had the best of what we could get.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's awful =(. They are good at hiding illness until the last minute so it is likely something that was underlying and there all along as you said. It's hard in cases where there isn't anything for us to do to help them. At least it doesn't sound like she suffered.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":xca3tv0f said:
That's awful =(. They are good at hiding illness until the last minute so it is likely something that was underlying and there all along as you said. It's hard in cases where there isn't anything for us to do to help them. At least it doesn't sound like she suffered.

I hope not, I really do... I can't bear that thought... He said she wasn't blackbeard or anything so it is just one of those mysteries I suppose.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So very sorry to hear that your special beardie passed away. :(

[This thread is being locked as requested by the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom