Skittles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Skittles on June 1. He is a yellow and orange leather back. He is very friendly. He lives in a 48x26 vision cage. He is eating 50 to 60 BSF a day. I have escarole and dandelion greens mixed with acorn squash to eat also. I bought some collard greens today. I put some in front of him and he ate some. First time I saw him eat any veggies. I bought a red bell pepper for my quiche and gave him a few pieces and he gobble them right up. Took few days to get the temperature right in his basking area. Not too hot or cold. Here are a few pics of him.
His breeder said that he played in his poo. Can't wait for his back to finish shedding and see his pretty colors
92615-3780584978.jpg
92615-6304909033.jpg
92615-8107499247.jpg
92615-4053056282.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, looks like Skittles will be a nice looking dragon once he's done shedding. :) A bath will elp, but is even more necessary since he has poo stained feet, so be sure to give him a warm 10 minute soak and use a toothbrush to lightly stroke his feet, that will remove the poo. The breeder should have at least cleaned him up before you got him. :shock:

It's really great that he has a good appetite, he could stand to gain some weight. Hopefully he'll become a happy + healthy pet for you.

Yellowskittles

Original Poster
I have been bathing him every few days and the poo is slowly coming off. I weigh him yesterday and he is 150 gms. He is gaining weight. He is a very good eater and his poos are normal. He is very lively. Was warm yesterday so had him on the porch to have have a good run around.
92615-9639699128.jpg

Yellowskittles

Original Poster
Skittles is now 6 months old and he weigh in today at 185 gms. He loves his food. I gave him a small piece of watermelon as a treat for turning 6 months. He loved it.
92615-1252496960.jpg

MizzMary

awe! your dragon is beautiful! I have two and their just regular beardies. Wish i had more space in my house to get a couple more lol

Yellowskittles

Original Poster
Skittles is gaining weight nicely. He is up to 220 gms now. He had a nice run around on my front porch.
He is getting some dark blue striping on his sides and they get bigger when he wants to heat up. I like the way he looks at you when you talk to him. Took me 3 years to decide to get a bearded dragon and I am so glad I finally got one. They are a neat pet.

92615-8090996518.jpg
92615-1993270875.jpg
92615-8599908854.jpg

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
What a pretty little goober! he looks like a peach! such pretty colours :love10: good to see he's getting chubby. good luck with him :blob8: :mrgreen:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
This little guys is growing nicely and developing very pretty colors :D (as others have observed). You're lucky he has such a good appetite and doesn't seem to be afraid to try new foods, including veggies and fruit -- gets him off to a good start for a balanced diet. And you seem to be taking much better care of him than the breeder apparently did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom