Schmegal the reacue(now named Alice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued Schmegal on May 12th from a craigslist add. Had no white basking light only a black Light no uvb and was on nasty dirty sand. I new he needed help. She said that he was 4yrs old. I weighed him and he weighs 296g. Poor thing is so skinny. I fed him a little salad when I got home and he gobbled it right up and acted like he wanted to eat my fingers. I left him to bask and enjoy the warmth and uvb. The next day I cleaned out his cage. Got rid of the nasty sand and put in tile. Sanitized everything and gave him a nice log to climb on. He is very skittish and when I first when to pick him up he hissed and opened his mouth at me. Just.to be safe I put a glove on but he was fine just scared. I gave him some water also from a dropper. He though it was food and kept trying to eat it but he figured it out ans started drinking. He will even eat out of my hand. Loves his salad and of course his bugs. His poo is a little messy but I'm sure that's from neglect so I will keep an eye on it. Here are some before and after pictures. It want until the next day that I could see he was a yellow color with a very pretty orange beard.
86288-2509300481.jpg
86288-4254578180.jpg
86288-5407638145.jpg
86288-3877952658.jpg
86288-6752486331.jpg
86288-2352369009.jpg
I am missing part of my tail and 2 toes on one foot :(

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So after the vet visit Alice is on day 4 of panacur for her pin worms. She is doing great. Loves the pumpkin in her salad.
86288-9651998439.jpg

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So just an update on Alice. She is doing ok. Eats like a champ both veggies and bugs but her poo is still so runny and just a nasty mess. Taking in another fecal tomorrow. She isn't really gaining weight like I would have hoped but we will keep.at it.
86288-9662948707.jpg
86288-2535360735.jpg
not so happy outside.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Alice is beautiful. We had a beardie that we lost more then 5 years ago now that had the same coloring on her back that your Alice had (at least in one picture I saw) We called her Goldie. The people we got her from had called her "spaz". That probably was because she was a baby when they got her, since they didn't remember how long they'd had her we had to guess at her age. The people had a stick on thermometer = on the outside of the tank and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get her temps correct. We are glad we had her for as long as we did. She loved to learn. I showed her how to turn on the shower. My husband showed her that I was in the shower, so I showed her how we turned it on, even explaining how we do it, which is hot and which is cold. She watched the whole time paying close attention. : :D We sure do miss her.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It breaks my heart to have to post this but Alice was sent to beardie heaven today. She prolapsed sometime between Saturday afternoon and this morning. (I was out of town) I rushed her to the vet but it was too late. It was black and she was not doing good so I had her put down. I am so sad and feel horrible about it
RIP Poor sweet Alice...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It doesn't matter how long or short we have them, we always miss them when they leave us like that. I'm sorry you lost her. That's the problem with rescues, they don't always have a long life like those that are treated well from the time they are babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom