Alucard's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try not to make this introduction too upsetting.

After the sudden and tragic passing of my two year old, Simon, I had an empty enclosure and a beardie sized hole in my heart.
89300-3843667037.jpg
Simon was buried in my front yard, and a red maple tree was planted on her grave site as a memorial. Richter came to show his respects. As time passes, this whole area will be converted into a beautiful garden in her honor. Rest in peace, Simon. You were truly loved.

I'm on day two now and am still grieving horribly, but if I could turn her empty enclosure into a great home for another dragon and give them a good life, why not start now.

Alucard has been introduced to the house. She will never replace Simon and she knows she has big shoes to fill. She was also taken out to pay her respects to Simon's memorial site. She is a normal morph little girl beardie, just like Simon, and has a lot of spunk and a big appetite.
89300-7798508443.jpg
89300-3971542507.jpg
89300-1875719643.jpg
89300-339092631.jpg
89300-291837301.jpg

She's about two months old, 8.5", and 32g.
She will inevitably lose the very tip of her tail, but it looks like this is healing well and will not cause her any concern.

I look forward to the love and laughter she brings to me and appreciate her presence turning Simon's home into something positive again.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Looks like they're all growing and thriving nicely, even though Alucard is slowing down -- that's probably what's supposed to happen at this point since she's almost adult sized. Nice healthy size for Richter too, and it looks like you're doing a great job with Justie and the chameleon. :D

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Alucard update:
89300-2227126598.jpg
89300-4982325374.jpg

She's officially longer than Simon was, and just about caught up with Juste, who is 17" long and weighs just a few grams more.

Richter is pushing 600g and I'd prefer he go no higher as he is not as rambunctious as he was during the summer.

Juste is doing well, pooped unassisted for the first time since being here, proud of her.

Vedool is getting big, by far my sassiest pet. He has a small list of likes, and a giant list of dislikes. He's beginning to show lots of yellows and some teals
89300-3730729288.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Alucard looks good, and it sounds like Juste is recovering nicely, and maybe Richter is getting sleepy for the winter.

Vedool is getting some BEAUTIFUL colors and markings. :love10:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom