Unexpected love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my beardie back in febuary. i didnt expect to bond so easily with apollo if im being honest, but since that first night i got him all i do is bond with him as much as i can. I wake up i feed him wait a little bit for him to do his business let him play on the couch before work. Come home feed him then we set on the couch and watch tv together. He is 4 or 5 months now and easily one of the best things in my life. On warm days i take him out with me and alot of people wonder how i have him so well behaved. (You know after they look at me like im crazy) since i got him this has been my go to site for all of my questions. Thanks everybody!

Lizzardmom

Original Poster
I meant to post pics in my post

His first time on the basking rock
91968-2068618425.jpg

First time i broke our nightly ritual
91968-1506392523.jpg

Discoving the window
91968-2593736388.jpg
91968-6576987081.jpg
91968-3407427981.jpg
And other things
91968-8800619850.jpg
91968-9554007668.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear you're bonding with him so well. It's amazing how much they can change our lives =). Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us updated on his progress and adventures :D

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol

Yes, they do have an uncanny knack for pulling on our heart strings! Cute little buggers!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Extremely cute pictures. :D Looks like he gets around!

BTW, do you have any other thermometers besides those dial things that stick on the walls of the tank? They tend to be inaccurate. Digital probes are a better option, and some people like to use infrared temp guns, although I'm not too familiar with those myself.

Lizzardmom

Original Poster
Its the only thermometer i have right now... i plan on getting another one i do have one question though... i see the heating pads that you can put under the tanks and was curious if those were any good i need something to keep my little guy warm at night i have a night heat bulb but i hate changing it out all the time... and i know all about being a slave to him though i wake up to him staring at me now and hes started trying to delay me from going to work if hes not carried around before then

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It is very important that the temps in his viv drop at night to 70° or 75° for his metabolism to slow down so he can actually get rest. Any type of light emitting source will disturb his sleep patterns making him lethargic and grumpy. If your house temps drop to 65° at night, you can use a CHE, "ceramic heat emitter", it puts out no light at all.
We all learned these things over time, fortunately you have come to the best place to get everything you could possibly need to know about these cute little critters. EXCEPT..... Why they are so bossy, lol!

Lizzardmom

Original Poster
Well i got the bulb because my boyfriend likes keeping it cold at night so his viv was getting down to 60 degrees so i got the bulb to keep it at a better temp he doesnt seem to mind it but i also put him in his viv at night when hes been asleep for a few hours otherwise he latchs to my fingers or runs up my arm lol

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Lizzardmom":3p0zwbxa said:
Well i got the bulb because my boyfriend likes keeping it cold at night so his viv was getting down to 60 degrees so i got the bulb to keep it at a better temp he doesnt seem to mind it but i also put him in his viv at night when hes been asleep for a few hours otherwise he latchs to my fingers or runs up my arm lol
You need a CHE in a bad way, the can sense the light with the third eye on the top of their head, it WILL disturb sleep patterns and, cause problems. Between 70° and 75° is optimum heat at night.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy he is stealing your heart! LOL It looks like he is very happy & is doing really well, too. :love5:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom