They are so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, that's cute but, what you are seeing is a battle for territory and, dominance. It starts out cute and, funny but winds up badly for one or both.
Dragons are solitary creatures and very territorial (don't like other dragons in their territory), they will defend it with horrific force, it can be very sudden and brutal.
Please I am begging you, separate them asap! It will only escalate from here.

Boosted

Original Poster
To a point I want to believe you. I just don't see it. What makes you think that it's absolutely gonna turn bad ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Boosted":31tmv4sh said:
To a point I want to believe you. I just don't see it. What makes you think that it's absolutely gonna turn bad ?
Here is a couple of pics of just one that had lived with another female for two years, take note of the previous injries (missing tail and fingers), not really sure if they had her put down or not but, that was the question posed in the thread.
87978-4293498728.jpg
87978-2240671511.jpg

I guess when this happens you will believe me. I wouldn't say all of this if they could coexist. In the wild they only tollerate each other, long enough to mate.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Hi there. You've seen pictures of what can happen. I'm going to share the story of my two adopted dragons.

Mine are almost adults and we are their fourth owners. They had always lived in the same viv and seemed happy like yours, in close contact, not aggressive etc.

However, after a few days we began to see one jumping on the other, and the smaller of the two going a bit mad running around the viv as if trying to escape or hiding away from the other dragon.

They are SO much happier since seperation. They see each other on occasion and puff beards and arm wave, but do not spend time together in the same space.

I hope you consider seperating soon. It will help them both have equal access to food and basking. If one is submissive it will help them live a less stressed life. They will not miss each other and you may be surprised how they react to each other when a glass pane divides them.

Boosted

Original Poster
Ya I think I'm going to. I get a bonus tomorrow and will look into separating them I guess. I wonder what this will do to my electric bill. I just remember growing up with two beardies living together. One we adopted and had one eye but they never had a issue. Wonder if they make make one tank with just something separating the halves

Thanks for the info and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom