Little baby cuteness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, while I as out running errands, my husband was home, alone, left to his own devices. I was gone, maybe 3 hours, tops.
I came from to find that he had bought our baby beardie a new enclosure. No, not the one I intended to buy, but it's the thought that counts, right? And don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the new one he bought, but for anyone who knows me in real life, knows I am a perfectionist and I HAVE to plan things before they actually happen. I don't really do surprises.
So, our baby beardie, Spike, is roughly 2.5 months old, if that and only 9 inches long right now. (We did get her from a local pet store, so age is approximate, on March 26th so we haven't had her very long.)

So, now that her tank is even BIGGER (which bigger is better, I know, but I don't think she cares at this age.)
Tonight has resulted in a LOT of glass scratching and dancing. Which, yes, she does have stress marks, but come on; how would you feel if your house got even bigger AFTER you had just gotten used to the other one?! A little overwhelming right?

I am a mother- children wise, canine wise, and now reptile wise. If you see your little one stressed and panicked, you're going to react right? Of course. Most would. And what would you likely do? Pick them up, obviously.

This is the end result of Spike:
17903412_10210572733533699_5230907043640217654_n.jpg

And yes, that is my shirt she is snuggled in. <3 But how could you deny such a little cutey? She just needed some cuddles.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Oh they loovveeee the windows.
As soon as my oldest Simon is on the floor, she knows just where to find the large patio doors and stare into the backyard. Old snowy photo.
89300-9907620856.jpg
Even the cat is in the way of window time for Richter
89300-5792038604.jpg
89300-363542946.jpg

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha. The one with the cat is so cute. I am surprised you have such a relaxed cat!
Now, climbing the screen just reminds me of "Let me out! Let me out!"

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It has been only in the low 60s and raining most of the past couple of days. The sun did come out a little bit yesterday and Spike was quite content sitting on my pillow in the window once again.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Upper 50's and low 60's for me as well, with plenty of rain... I got Simon out there a few days ago when it was about 63.
Window viewing for the next week though :?

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hate cold weather. It is 51 right now, and I am freezing. I don't do well in the cold.
On the plus side, Wednesday, here, is supposed to be 80 and sunny, so I am hoping to get Spike outside for a bit.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
18119592_10210655892372618_4498755776980649712_n.jpg

Baby snuggles before bed!
Her tank is set up right beside of my computer desk so she can always see me and vice versa. Her glass surfing on the side closest to me has become a habit until I take her out, wrap her up, and she gets cuddles for a bit before bedtime. <3

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I actually caught it by dumb luck. Haha. I had her outside, sitting on my leg, and I was playing on my phone. The wind picked up a little bit and I guess she thought she needed to try and taste it. Luckily, I was fast enough with my camera, and just kept snapping pictures as she licked the air about 6 times. Yep, shear luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom