Douglas is back to front!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys :) I want to post my experience with my beardie here to see if you guys have experienced anything similar.

So here's my cheeky chappy Douglas:

File_005_zpsh3lbukkh.jpeg

He's around 1 year 9 months old weighing in at 532g and is a very happy, healthy chap! :D

He is a very strange dragon though and I find it quite amusing... :lol: So it's known that as they are babies they tend to enjoy hunting, exploring and shed alot as they are growing. Well Douglas didn't, he barely shed in comparisson to most baby beardies, he was incredibly lazy and unless handfed his bugs showed no interest whatsoever!

Well we are noticing now that Douglas is approaching adulthood, he is shedding much more frequently, wanting to come out and explore constantly, and actually chases his bugs all over the place and he loves it!

I found this so amusing that our little guy is behaving like a baby when nearly fully grown and visa versa :lol:

Anyone else had anything similar with their beardies? They are such funny little creatures. :roll: :D

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
He's the Benjamin Button of beardies!

My dragons both grew up pretty normal, though my youngest is a lot more picky and is in a non-stop shedding cycle going on 7mo old now

Tammy94

Original Poster
He is very spoilt, it's rediculous how much revolves around him... I like that though, benjamin button of beardies :D

Funnily enough he's just finished his current shed and now I can see both strips down either side of his back preparing for shed! Perhaps he's had a growth spurt. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom