You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
...When You go to the vet more often than you do the doctor (vet last year: 7-8 times. Doctor last year: 1 time). :mrgreen:

...and When 90% of the things you talk about in conversations are your dragon. :)

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yep. Me too. Lousy health insurance and there's nothing much they can do for me anyway, but I've got a minimal safety net in case I need to go to the emergency room with a runaway infection, or if I take a flop on the ice and break my arm, or whatever.

Meanwhile, our beardie has an appointment with the vet for his annual exam later this month, even though his human "mommy" does not do yearly physicals. I only go to the doctor if I'm really reEEALLly sick. :roll:

So I guess we take better care of our dragons than ourselves... :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
SHBailey":15fxcre8 said:
Yep. Me too. Lousy health insurance and there's nothing much they can do for me anyway, but I've got a minimal safety net in case I need to go to the emergency room with a runaway infection, or if I take a flop on the ice and break my arm, or whatever.

Meanwhile, our beardie has an appointment with the vet for his annual exam later this month, even though his human "mommy" does not do yearly physicals. I only go to the doctor if I'm really reEEALLly sick. :roll:

So I guess we take better care of our dragons than ourselves... :wink:
Lol, same here. and I'm pretty sure that that ONE time last year was just to pick up documents. :lol:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
The post office has your cell on speed dial so you can come pick up your “bugs” ASAP and when you walk in someone yells “Thank God the Dragon Lady is here to get rid of that box!” LMAO

jskbest

When you looked like you had a rough round with a thorne bush but, in reality, you were just chilling with your dragon.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
jskbest":3a3005v6 said:
When you looked like you had a rough round with a thorne bush but, in reality, you were just chilling with your dragon.
Lol, Yep. Beardies can get a bit rough! :lol: and Also when your vet is the number one contact for speed-dial. :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
How about if you don't even need to have your vet's phone number on speed-dial because you have it memorized :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
You are not alone my friend, When I'm dealing with a skittish beardie it looks like i've been attacked by a panther. :lol: :roll:

Wycca

You know you're a beardie owner when you construct a window watching platform for your lizard when he outgrows the original ledge.

You also know you're a beardie slave when you get weird looks from your neighbors for standing in the yard holding a leash that doesn't seem to be attached to anything from their angle.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wycca":egh6x2f0 said:
You know you're a beardie owner when you construct a window watching platform for your lizard when he outgrows the original ledge.

You also know you're a beardie slave when you get weird looks from your neighbors for standing in the yard holding a leash that doesn't seem to be attached to anything from their angle.
Oh my goodness.. The first one is so true.. The second one happened to me a day ago. :lol:

And You know you're a beardie owner when these are some things overheard during the day:
"No! Don't sit on Loki!"
"Dude Why are you trying to mate with my flip flop?!"
"No no no! My toe isn't a roach(Ouch)!"
"Which beardie out is the one trying to eat the couch right now?"
"No Daisy No! Your tail isn't a superworm!"
"Ok Cisco, It's time you learned that Legos aren't food."
and "Daisy, There's a difference between pictures of bugs and greens then the real thing." :roll:

These are just some of things overheard during random times of the day. :lol: :roll:

and Also when your watching a show and a Reptile shows up on the screen and One of the beardies explode with head bobbing, black bearding, and other ways to show their dominance. :roll:

SMH... they need sooo much attention! Our little princess Peaches is rotten to the core, and she is like, " Draw me like one of your French Girls!" So demanding! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
ScaryDemonDragon":1sf7he8c said:
SMH... they need sooo much attention! Our little princess Peaches is rotten to the core, and she is like, " Draw me like one of your French Girls!" So demanding! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
Lol you are not the only one Lol. My girls Cisco and Daisy are such camera hogs and they also believe that they are the center of the universe Lol. View media item 60593 Cisco and Daisy Giving me the eye roll lol
View media item 60813 Daisy showing off her stylish new hat.
View media item 60470 Cisco showing off her stylish new hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom