yarn = worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I was working on a project involving bright rainbow colored yarn, and at one point I changed my mind about how I was going to do it, and this involved lots of yarn getting temporarily piled up on a table and then rolled back up into a ball, with Puff the "magic" (bearded) dragon watching me through the glass, and all of a sudden he got all excited and started doing his little "get me out of this tank" dance. :blob5:

I have to wonder if the yarn looked like a big pile of worms to him. :?

I put down my half finished ball of yarn and took him out of the tank and cuddled him for a little while, but I did not allow him to sample the "worms", and he may have lost interest once he realized that they weren't moving any more. Then he got wiggly -- maybe like "Ok, that's not what I thought it was. So put me back and let me get on with worshiping my light bulbs."

He watched me finish winding up my ball of yarn with mild interest; I guess I had managed to convince him that it wasn't edible. :roll:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Especially since we swore off superworms last summer, and he hasn't had any good worms since then. :(
I should probably do some checking around and see if I can find him some nice silk worms or phoenix worms or something like that. He does go pretty nuts for worms, but our choices are somewhat limited around here. :roll:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Round 2 -- here we go again...

So I'm watching the evening news the other day, and working on another one of my knitting projects, this one involving yarn that's several different shades of light and dark brown, just about the same colors as a not-recently-molted superworm, and his nibs goes nuts again...

This time I took him out of the terrarium and let him get a real good look at the yarn, under close supervision, of course, so I could stop him if he tried to eat any of it. He looked at it quizzically for a few moments and then again appeared to conclude that it probably wasn't what he thought it was because it wasn't moving anymore -- I can't knit when I have both my hands on the beardie, so the yard just lays there.

So he snuggled on my shoulder for a little while and watched the news with me, but he was apparently not impressed with all the stupid stuff that goes on in the human world (warfare, terrorism, politics, etc.) -- back on the basking platform to get on with the lightbulb worshiping. :roll:

BTW, Liz is not the only bearded dragon who mistakes painted human nails for something edible. Several other people around here have mentioned similar reactions by their beardies, especially to those fancy iridescent nail polishes that are the same color as some types of insects. They've also been know to mistake your nails for raspberries or some other such tasty treat if you paint them bright red, too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom