I love Lilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
[XIMG]90814 21
90814-1655904386.jpg
50990763[/XIMG]God do I love my beardie. I recurs her from her last owners. Her home for 2 years was a 20 gallon tank. Now she lives in a gigantic customized house. Plus I give her the run of the house!!! She has the same routine everyday wakes up from her bed that I bought her...(which she sleeps next to me) she goes and basks in her lights...gets nice and warm until she is a nice light tan color then climbs out of her enclosure and runs all around my house like a crazy girl. I just sit back a watch her run around enjoying herself...she makes me laugh. I keep my house nice and clean nothing she can get hurt on or nothing she can ingest. I also have a crawling baby so that goes with the territory. The way she runs is so cute and funny she makes me smile. You can literally see how happy she is now that her life is almost like she's in the wild. Anyways after she runs around for a bit I give her a nice salad dusted 3 times a week. Every other day I give her crickets and treat her with super worms now and then. Its funny today I noticed she has learned how to push doors open. That's right folks...pushes my bedroom door open with her arms and walks in. Boy was I amazed. She sounds like a dog listening to the pitter patter of her nails across the kitchen floor. I pick her up now and then give her a pat and a kiss. Does anyone know if they see white?? She seems to run into white objects like doors....like she doesn't see them. Huh. Anyway around 4 o clock she gets tired and finds a cool spot to fall asleep. So no one steps on her by accident I always find her and put her in her bed. When it starts to get warm outside this summer I can't wait to use the cool leash I bought her and take her for walks outside in the real sunlight. But anyway yeah when i go to bed I lay down next to her sometimes I will put her on my chest, right on my skin to warm her up and we fall asleep and do it all over again. I included a pic of her sleeping and a pic of her basking. She loves acorn squash.....does anyone have a beardie that has a favorite veggie???

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome Lilly. My beardie loves her raspberries, but those are more treats. I like to give a varied diet of greens and supporting veg.

beautiful dragons has a great nutrition post if you want to know what is a good veg for them as some are toxic.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad she has such a better life with you. It's very rewarding to be able to provide a good home for a dragon who didn't previously have one. My dragon likes squash and green beans best.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Richter goes for green beans with the same gusto he gives super worms. Dunno why, but having a 6 1/2 mo old loving some veggies, I won't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom