Petsmart makes me so mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pet smart makes me so mad the had a adult beardie in a 2p gallon tank with improper lighting and dried up veggies. I took a pic of him and told my friend about him. I knew she wanted another one. So I went and picked my friend up and we raised he'll about the care of him and the manager of petsmart was like we are professionals and if u think u could take care of him better then buy him. My friend didn't have enough money to buy him so she asked for cooperates number and the manager just gave him to her so now he is in a 55 gallon tank and is thriving . When she got him he was so skinny and skiddish around everyone and puffed up when anyone go close. Now he just climbs onto her hand and chills on her shoulder like nothing but if someone that he doesn't know tries to touch him he takes off. Is there anyway to help him with his anxiety of new people or would is that how has gonna be the rest of his life?

Taffer

Hatchling Member
I'm not a long term BD owner, but I'd say have as many "calm" and instructed people visit and handle him as possible to get him used to being handled by various people.

Care to share that coop telephone number for others to call and complain when we see unprofessional situations in PetSmart? I do have to say my local PetCo does a decent job. I don't know if they are taking 100% best care of every animal, but they do seem to take the animals out to handle them frequently.

Saphiramushumulan

Original Poster
Taffer":31hfvevj said:
I'm not a long term BD owner, but I'd say have as many "calm" and instructed people visit and handle him as possible to get him used to being handled by various people.

Care to share that coop telephone number for others to call and complain when we see unprofessional situations in PetSmart? I do have to say my local PetCo does a decent job. I don't know if they are taking 100% best care of every animal, but they do seem to take the animals out to handle them frequently.

They didn't give it to us they just gave her the lizard for free. He is so skiddish like no matter how high he is up he will jump off and go hide it makes me so sad

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for the info, Gormagon.

Maybe a pretty good strategy -- if you see a bearded dragon (or any other animal for that matter) who is not getting good care at a petstore, and you feel that you have the means to give him a good home and you want to rescue him, just threaten to report them to upper management or the authorities or whatever :angry5: , and maybe they'll give you the animal for free just to shut you up? :p Hmmm... :?

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Thanks Gormagon - Bones last season :-(

Saphiramushumulan, try to keep your BD at low heights. I've read of several BD that have jumped from heights and on landing either broken bones, burst organs, or died outright upon landing. My BD has jumped a few times, but it has been a while. I think she learned it wasn't a good idea before she was big enough to really hurt herself. Time, love and affection will eventually pay off with a happy BD!

I fell asleep on the couch about 6 weeks back, and my wife and daughter had our BD out (named Monster). Monster was looking around, then saw me laying down on the couch and made a deliberate walk over to me, then laid her head down on mine and went to sleep. Well, she moved a few times my wife said...she thinks my hair was poking her in the nose, but it was pretty cool. :0)

Saphiramushumulan

Original Poster
Taffer":3hbsyoa2 said:
Thanks Gormagon - Bones last season :-(

Saphiramushumulan, try to keep your BD at low heights. I've read of several BD that have jumped from heights and on landing either broken bones, burst organs, or died outright upon landing. My BD has jumped a few times, but it has been a while. I think she learned it wasn't a good idea before she was big enough to really hurt herself. Time, love and affection will eventually pay off with a happy BD!

I fell asleep on the couch about 6 weeks back, and my wife and daughter had our BD out (named Monster). Monster was looking around, then saw me laying down on the couch and made a deliberate walk over to me, then laid her head down on mine and went to sleep. Well, she moved a few times my wife said...she thinks my hair was poking her in the nose, but it was pretty cool. :0)

Thanks for the advise I keep my BD low I have 3 of them and they never go up high. My friends dragon was the one that got rescued from petsmart and she usually keeps her low too but I was just trying to get the point across that that is how scared and skiddish he is around people

charmander16

Juvie Member
I have no experience with this, but if ti were me I'd just try having other people feed him while he's in his cage. Doesn't even have to be hand feeding. Just have other people prepare the food and put it in his dish. Then maybe work up to hand-feeding worms of some kind.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Just handle the lil guy and make him feel at ease by showing that you wont hurt him. Draconis was skittish and half starved when i got him and now hes a fat and happy and loves to play and listen to creepy pastas and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom